September 2, 2014

Seinfeld returns to NBC (sort of)

by Adam Finley, posted May 16th 2007 9:29AM

bee movieIn order to promote his upcoming animated feature, Bee Movie, Jerry Seinfeld is creating twenty "minisodes" to be shown on both NBC and NBC.com.

Live-action spots for the film have already been made, but it's not clear if these "minisodes" will be more of the same or something completely different. I've placed one of the movie spots at the end of this post.

Bee Movie, which comes out this November, is about a group of insects who star in a hit TV series. One of them goes on to continue a successful stand-up career and the other insects wind up on series no one watches. Or, it may be about a bee who decides he's unhappy with doing nothing but making honey, I'm not entirely sure.

The film stars Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Renée Zellweger, Rip Torn, John Goodman, and Matthew Broderick. The script was co-written by Spike Feresten, former Seinfeld scribe and current host of TalkShow with Spike Feresten, which just got a second season order on FOX.

Tom Heintjes

Add me to the folks who can't wait to see the minisodes! I just hope NBC promotes them so people know ehen they're going to "bee" on, although I suspect they'll heavily promote Jerry's "return" to the network. Who wouldn't want to watch a show about nothing? It's the best, folks...THE BEST! http://www.hipster-doofus.com

May 17 2007 at 8:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

The live action shorts were great. Unfortunately, the movie is standard animation. I don't think it will live up to the cleverness of the live action shorts.

May 16 2007 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brian.stuart

Wait, is this a real movie? When I saw the previous live action stuff for it, I just assumed it was all a spoof.

May 16 2007 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Document Hound

I cannot wait to see this released in the theaters! I love Jerry Seinfeld!

May 16 2007 at 10:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rosemary

It's refreshing to see Jerry back. I enjoyed the short, it was cute & inventive. Can't wait to see the movie. Thumbs up for Jerry!

May 16 2007 at 10:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply