August 28, 2014

Clips from the Sarah Connor Chornicles - VIDEO

by Adam Finley, posted May 21st 2007 2:22PM

sarah connor chroniclesA few short clips form FOX's upcoming Sarah Connor Chronicles have popped up on YouTube. I've placed them below.

I'm a casual fan of the Terminator movies, but I have to admit that this new series looks really, really cool. The series stars Lena Headey in the titular role; Thomas Dekker as her son, John; and Richard T. Jones and Summer Glau.

The new series takes place after the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Sarah is forced to protect her son from enemies from the future who want to make sure he doesn't succeed in ultimately destroying the machines who themselves are bent on destroying mankind. Ooh, that's heavy, but it's also the kind of ultra-violent escapism that fan boys and fan girls alike love to see. One of the things that set the Terminator movies apart from other big shoot-em ups is that it had that element of real (not forced) human drama, and I think, based on these clips, this new series will have the same.

The new series will air Sundays at 9:00 p.m. starting spring of 2008. Clips after the jump.

iamhoff

Totally hawesome!! Like so many, I'd be worried about how the series would be presented in relation to the movies, but the clips give me some hope that the series might live up to the movies. Now I have to go back and see what else will be playing (i.e. what the girlfriend will force me to watch) so that I can figure out what to DVR.

May 22 2007 at 4:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

tcc3 - that's funny! But, where is Linda Hamilton? I'm crushed...

May 22 2007 at 12:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tcc3

First of all how will they explain that in T3 Connor said nothing much happened the last 10 years (since T2).

Also why bother? Its Fox. They'll cancel it before the 1st commercial break.

May 21 2007 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

I have to admit,.. I'm surprised and anxious to see this.

When I heard about it originally I thought it was a big gamble by the networks, but now I think it has a fighting chance. I had no intention of watching this, but now I'll be tuning in to see what happens.

May 21 2007 at 7:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

AC I don't think it was Arnold's accent that made him seem robotic, I think it was his acting.

May 21 2007 at 6:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

I really want to see this. Too bad the terminators don't have Ahnold accents. Thats what really made them seem robotic.

May 21 2007 at 4:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

Totally agree. Putting House there is just plain wrong - but maybe they will ask the Superbowl price for the "House" ads or something pretty close and it's all about money. There must be a different reason than "'cause I say so" *shrug*

May 21 2007 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jmasie

When I heard Fox was producing a Terminator-based TV show, I was little skeptical (especially with the title). Initial details were sketchy at first (one source said there would be no Terminators involved with the series). Judging by this preview, I would say that certainly that is not the case.

I really like what I saw and will give it a chance.

May 21 2007 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

David: You're right. Thank you.

May 21 2007 at 3:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I thought the show was bumped until spring.

Fox should put it on after the Super Bowl Sunday and then Mondays at 8 before 24. it looks like the best new show of next season, not that that is saying much.

May 21 2007 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply