October 25, 2014

Stump the King - Knight Rider

by Paul Goebel, posted May 21st 2007 2:03PM

Well, the upfronts have come and gone and everyone is asking the question that gets asked every year at this time, "How could they cancel my favorite show?"

No one understands how difficult this is better than I. I have been watching TV for a long time and I've seen many of my favorite shows get cut down in their prime. Arrested Development, Firefly, Bosom Buddies; I loved all of these shows and I was sad to see them go. Here's what's important to remember: With every great show that gets canceled, a deserving show goes with it. For every Jericho that gets cut down, there is a George Lopez Show that is put out of it's misery. For every Veronica Mars that is stopped short there is a Reba that we no longer have to deal with.

Besides, in a few months, the new fall season will be here and there will be a whole new batch of shows to worry about.

Now on to this week's question...

On the classic show Knight Rider, Kitt had an evil twin. What was his name and what did his name stand for?

This should be an easy one for all you true TV fans. Good luck!

Congratulations to NPC who set a new time record with his correct answer of KARR (Knight Automated Roving Robot).

Reggie Duncan

Knight rider rocks. That was one of the best shows that ive seen thus far.They sould do Knight Rider 2008. worth looking into.How i miss that show.There never will be a tv series like knight rider.

June 17 2007 at 2:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kelly Kinstrey

Hey Paul! Great blog..its nice to see a fellow Knight Rider fan! I represent a company called 80sTees.com. Currently, we have some great Knight Rider t-shirts that I thought you would be interested in since it is one of your favorite shows.

Check it out: http://www.80stees.com/pages/t-shirts/80s-TV-program/Knight_Rider_t-shirts.asp

Let me know how you like the website and if you are interested in the merchandise we offer. Thanks for your time!

Kelly Kinstrey (kkinstrey@djhmarcom.com)

June 13 2007 at 9:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JagedNS

I liked Jericho in the beginning but never went back to it after it's hiatus.. I like shows and books about post apocalyptic events but I'm silly like that. :)

May 30 2007 at 10:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

Anyone remember was KARR's flaw was?

I loved that it was such a simple mistake for Knight Industries to have made.

May 21 2007 at 6:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

IIRC Nick, Garth Knight never had anything to do with KARR. He drove Goliath.

May 21 2007 at 6:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iamhoff

Nick,

Was it Garthe Knight (FLAG's founder's long lost son)? He was played by an evil looking David Hasselhoff (as opposed to the drunken one on YouTube), but I don't remember if that was one of the KARR episodes. I didn't think KARR had an "official" driver in the couple of episodes he was in. The second ep he was in, he had been "found" by some young couple, but I don't think they did anything besides getting KARR running again.

May 21 2007 at 5:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nick

KARR is the easy part. Who piloted KARR? And an evil-looking David Hasselhoff doesn't count.

May 21 2007 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike m

sorry to disappoint you, but Jericho might not be dead yet....

May 21 2007 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

I second what Andy Grey said.

The only thing that could glue you to Jericho is the premise of the US getting attacked by an unknown enemy using nuclear bombs which is kind of up to date.

But since I saw "The day after" when I was fifteen I cannot believe the fairytale they told on that show. I watched until they had the BBQ. That was so frickin unrealistic and over the top it was almost like a shark jumping over the grill on-screen.

Funny enough "Bones" had a similar scene right in the pilot when they reconstructed a face from a scull together with all facial features. Having read an article about how 28 diffenrent forensic teams from 20something different countries got the same skull and reconstructed 28 different faces (most of the time with facial features from the country the team came from - so you had everything from Asian to American with the most funny looking one almost similar to a Urang Utang) this was so totally hilarious to me I had to laugh - and immediately turn off the TV.

Anyway. I feel like the only way to enjoy certain shows is if you are illiterate and therefor have your suspension of disbelief suspended way longer. And being told you're a wiseass once in a while and to shut up during the movie... *sigh*

May 21 2007 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
robert

K.A.T.T. (Knight Automated Thinking Transport)

you see... KITT and KATT came packaged together side by side and you had to snap them apart in the middle.

May 21 2007 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply