December 20, 2014

Get ready for more Entourage!

by Jonathan Toomey, posted May 22nd 2007 8:33AM

Kevin Connolly, Jeremy Piven, and Adrian GrenierNow here's something you don't see every day. A reason to actually feel good about the fact that you pay for HBO. Get this! Entourage is taking no time off between seasons three and four! Well... one week, but that doesn't really count does it?

That's right folks. When the show returns on Sunday, June 3, it'll wrap up its twenty episode third season with the finale "Adios, Amigos." The following week, there's no episode because it's The Sopranos series finale and the series premiere of John From Cincinnati. Then a week after that (Sunday, June 17), Entourage is back with the premiere of its twelve episode fourth season. My friends, get excited because that is a whole lotta Johnny Drama.

For some slightly spoilerish info (straight from the HBO press release) and the schedule (in case my previous paragraph confused you), keep reading.

Once season four gets under way, we can look forward to seeing some familiar faces. Shauna is finally going to be back. When was the last time we even saw her? I'm pretty sure it was when Vince dedicated that Aquaman roller-coaster, but I could be wrong. We can also look forward to guest starring roles from Dan Castellaneta (Homer!), Stephen Gaghan, and Anthony Michael Hall. I think I'm most excited for Gaghan though. This is the guy that wrote Traffic and Syriana, two of the most confusing (but good) films I've ever seen. I wonder if he may be tasked with rewriting Medellín?

Speaking of Medellín, looks like the film finally has a director too. The press release also indicates that Rhys Coiro has joined the regular cast. Welcome back Billy Walsh!

I love that we get this show all summer long now. It's about time HBO did something nice for us. Now, as promised, the schedule...

Sunday, May 27
-No new episode. It's Memorial Day weekend... shouldn't you have a light beer in one hand and a hot dog in the other?

Sunday, June 3 @ 10:00PM
-(S03E20) "Adios, Amigos" [season three finale]

Sunday, June 10
-No new episode. It's The Sopranos series finale followed by the series premiere of John From Cincinnati.

Sunday, June 17 @ 10:00PM
-(S04E01) "Welcome to the Jungle" [season four premiere]

Justin

I was about to give up on HBO, and moreso Entourage during the end of season 3's first run, but the show has turned the corner to being interesting again and HBO has a few new shows (John From Cincinnati, Flight of the Conchords) that look solid.

The one thing missing from HBO is a show to fill that Sex in the City void. Yes, I'm a man and I liked that show. It was something the lady and I could watch together for two completely different reasons (except we both agree that Kristin Davis was/is hot).

May 22 2007 at 6:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
radwimp

THis is fantastic news. & Rhys Coiro on the regular cast? Awesome, I loved his character. Love where the show is going right now...

May 22 2007 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
steve

anyone know when curb your enthusiasm starts back up ? maybe when entourage season 4 ends ?

May 22 2007 at 3:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike m

this would make me happy if it weren't something I already knew about for the past 4 weeks.

May 22 2007 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stone

Nice...I wish the Sopranos got that memo.

May 22 2007 at 10:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply