A run-in with the Idol "crying girl"

by Jon Peter Lewis, posted May 23rd 2007 11:19AM

Jon Peter Lewis"So, the bitch is OK" -- at least that's what Ryan says. Hmmm, I suppose we'll never know for sure.

I've been here at the Hollywood and Highland complex all day basking in the presence of past, present and future Idols and schmoozing it up with Fox affiliates and top 40 DJs. Oh joy! (Despite the sarcasm, it's a lot of fun.)

It's been a circus here all day. Every third person is toting a Fox News video camera with an anchor in tow while the rest have digital cameras cocked and ready to snap at any passing celebrity behind the barricade. I feel like I'm at a high school reunion. Well, what I imagine a reunion might be like...

I saw Diana Degarmo for the first time in almost three years and hung out with Idols from seasons three, four and five. I even saw the crying girl from this year. She burst into tears when she saw us. Jon Peter Lewis and Ashley Ferl

The most commonly asked question in every interview today was the obvious: "Who do you think is going to win?" I was still as convinced then as much as I've been all season about Jordin. It's a mismatch-up.

Last year it was Taylor, the performer, who was the front-runner, but I think America learned its lesson. Blake was never meant for a Do I Make You Proud, moment while Jordin was born for the Idol finale format. That was made abundantly clear with This Is My Now or whatever it's called. I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a gospel choir that came out to back them up.

The whole songwriting competition confused me. I mean, I get why they wanted to open up the songwriting to the public, but instead of finding something cool and different, it seemed like 19 had the song commissioned. It was the same old type of thing.

Maybe if they had made a bigger deal of the competition, it might have been better. What a hassle it was to register to vote for them. Who has time for that? It's just not an easy phone call.

Maybe they'll make a TV show of it. Maybe not if the song flops. Who knows? It would be a shame, though. It's a great idea; they just ought to give it a proper shot, I think.

Anyway, I guess it comes down to this: Like before, I say Jordin walks away with Idol title. I think even Blake has been saying in interviews today that he was rooting for Jordin all the way. At this point it wouldn't matter either way for him.

Jon Peter Lewis was a finalist on the third season of "American Idol." His newly released debut album, "Stories From Hollywood," is available everywhere online and can also be downloaded at americanidol.com. Visit Jon's Web site for more.

DEBBIE HALLE

BLAKE SHOULD HAVE WON...JORDIN IS JUST NOT THER PERFORMER HE IS...SHE IS A FAKE KIND OF PERSON..DONT LIKE HER...I AM STILL ALL FOR BLAKE..............

May 24 2007 at 11:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
johanne mazzola

after this years contest i can nolonger care about idol. Its supposed to be a singing contest with the "BEST" singer winning. Not the youngest, cutest,or most saleable. Jordin does in no way qualify. She gave many very inadequate performances . Since Melinda was voted off I lost all enthusiasim for the show and will probably not tune in next year. I think the FOX channel was biased and promoted Jordin every chance they got through their news broadcasters; especially Charlie Belcher. Before the winner was named Fox news was announcing "family home movies of Jordin right after the show." GIVE ME A BREAK.!!!

May 24 2007 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joan Burgess

Jordin was great, she made the song her own and I hope that when she records it will be the first song on her CD. We love you Jordin. JONI

May 24 2007 at 9:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jessie

Bo Bice didn't win...I did.

He doesn't belong on the same stage as me...sheesh. Have you forgotten how wonderful I am?

Carrie

May 24 2007 at 8:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nanette

Why wasn't Bo Bice on the finale? He wasn't on last year either...I miss seeing him; he was one of the best singers of all seasons.

May 23 2007 at 11:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kat Okon

LOL! I saw you on “Idol Tonight” walking down the red carpet. Some fashion guy was talking and Kim Caldwell cut him off and goes "Oh JPL!" and then I think Rosie and Kim both said at the same time "he's a friend of ours!"
I thought it was really cute and sweet how all three just started talking about you the second you walked by. Awww.... BTW, Chocolate brown is a VERY good color on you. Honestly you looked really good tonight.

Anyway as far as your blog goes, I can not wait to see what you have to say about tonight. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, pat yourself on the back Jordin won... I'm still buying Blake's album first when it comes out over Jordin's or Melinda So :P, LoL

I have two burning questions for ya. One I was not happy to see all the Idol winners there BUT Fantasia. What do you think happened there or do you know? And two, when they went into "The Beetles Medley", I wanted to know being there what were your thoughts on it?

OH ONE LAST THING, PLEASE KEEP WRITING BLOGS AFTER THIS, P L E A S E! They make me laugh =D Thanks JP.

May 23 2007 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Reynard Fox

I think they should change the name to American Teen Idol....if Melinda can lose this competition, it sure isn't about the singin'.

May 23 2007 at 10:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
silverfangs

The same "customers" who are not going to be willing to buy her records were the same viewers who were not willing to call in and vote for her.

Oh vey, remember Chris Daughtry?

May 23 2007 at 10:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

Sanjaya was not in the bottom 2 when he got voted off. It was time for him to go. They got what they wanted from him- publicity and people talking about a show that was lackluster the whole season.

May 23 2007 at 9:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joanne

I gave up on idol last year when chris daughtery did not win. Look who is laughing at Taylor Hicks now!! Since obviously the best singer did not win last year or the year Fantasia won, I hope Blake wins! He is much better to watch perform and his voice is not hard to listen to. Jordin is too cutesy but can sing better. I tired of Melinda when she went crazy with the tina turner imitation and her surprised little look each time, although she was in a league of her own and should have won. Next year, dancing with the stars

May 23 2007 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply