When I first met Jordin Sparks ...

by Jon Peter Lewis, posted May 24th 2007 11:21AM

Jon Peter LewisI don't know how the show sounded over TV, but it was really good in the Kodak Theatre. And, even though there were some yawn moments, I felt like it was the best show of the year -- a nice recap of the season.

I'm very proud of Jordin. You know how every finale song has some inspirational message about making your dreams come true? Well, I think she is one of the few contestants who could sing that and not be at odds with the songwriting or the sentiments. I have a feeling she won't be one of those who later decides she wants nothing to do with her Idol roots.

She truly has wanted this for a long time. I met her for the first time when she came to a taping of the show at the CBS studio during season three. She was wearing a Jon Peter Lewis T-shirt and was handing out her CD to anybody and everybody. (That's probably where she had her picture taken with the judges before that everyone's talking about.) She gave one to my dad and we listened to it and thought it was pretty good.

When she auditioned for the show, my mom was really excited for her and called me right up to make sure I hadn't forgotten about her. So, anyway, good for her!

The show itself seemed pretty slow at times. I don't know how I feel about the whole "golden Idol" business. It seems pretty goofy to me, but I do like to see highlights from the audition episodes. The long-winded speeches about the greatness of Sony BMG didn't really propel the show along either.

Some of the celebrity guests were stellar, though. I loved seeing Smokey Robinson and Tony Bennett perform. What a pair of class acts. There's something about Tony that just sucks you right in and makes you feel good. Green Day was cool too. It's a shame they weren't really live though. I felt pretty gypped.

I also loved all the Beatles songs during the night. I was so jealous! I was sure Paul McCartney would jump out and join them during the tribute to Sgt. Pepper, but no dice. Still, I love those songs and it's hard to screw up a good song.

All in all it was a nice show. It's been a lot of fun writing these blogs and keeping up with the show. Thanks for your comments and thanks for reading. Thanks again and God bless.

Jon Peter Lewis was a finalist on the third season of "American Idol." His newly released debut album, "Stories From Hollywood," is available everywhere online and can also be downloaded at americanidol.com. Visit Jon's Web site for more.

Gustavo Naspolini

it's not right, it's write*

sorry =)

June 11 2007 at 11:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gustavo Naspolini

Well, I just discovered this blog on AOL's site and I got really interested on what an former idol would say about the show. You right very well and I agree with you almost always. I'll search more about you because I didn't watch AI3 and all I know about it is the 3 Divas + Diana. And on AI6 my favorite was Blake, not based on the vocals but on performance, but I believe Jordin was the right one to win. I believe the whole top5 will be sucessful and I really hope Stephanie and Gina do well too. So, keep writing about AI, cause I'll be here reading your stuff. I'm from Brazil and a huge Idol fan. See you!

June 11 2007 at 11:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karli

Frig u divasnanna!!!!!!

June 11 2007 at 6:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marilyn

BLESS ALL YOUR PEA-PICKIN', STUPID, IDIOT, NIGGER, AND NIGGER-LOVIN' WAYS

June 05 2007 at 9:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elicia Daniels

Why do racist people claim, "i'm from the South, I was raised that way" ? It makes the rest of us ashamed to be from the South. I am from Texas and I believe that if God wanted us to be the same, he would have made us that way. Jordin is very talented and gorgeous. her family is beautiful and very supportive, I think there are some people making disparaging comments because they wish they were as lucky as Jordin to have people standing behind her every step of the way. You GO Jordin ! You are beautiful just the way you are, do NOT lose a pound, just pray for the HATERS. God Bless You.

May 31 2007 at 4:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kvann

Stupid ass, skank ass, old crow- Divasnana, what the hell is wrong with your dried up ass? You made those comments not just because you believe in those crazy ass notions,but, because you get off on getting people upset. First of all, learn to spell- oh excuse me, your from the swamp in the deep woods of hell! Second of all, being racist isn't "fashionable" anymore. I bet somebody in your hellified family has an "black baby". Third of all, true beauty is what is on the inside and from your stupid, pathetic and childish comments- I can tell you are real ugly as shit! Jordin is very beautiful at any size. Divasstupidracistassnana, get a m-o-t-h-e-r-f-u-c-k-i-n-g clue!! And Jordin's father got his and his daughter has hers now and they will continue to prosper- will your "white" family? Hmmmmmmmm Beotch!

May 30 2007 at 11:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Montoya

Edenic You are speaking the truth..Diva..you omg i really have some words for your Ignorant ass but am not going to say anything because you just dont understand we dont live in a world full of Racist people anymore we still have some but not many now am from the south also miss thang and i dont kno ANYBODY who has your views on things and think races like you do am sure there are some but you are going over board with a lot of stuff and need to slow your role she isn't FAT nor Ugly and you need to hush let me be quiet before i say something i shouldn't say goodbye yall

May 30 2007 at 10:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lilmissgagirl

Hey divasnana, I am from the south too and that is NOT how we see things. I am sick of people using the south as an excuse to be racist. It is apparent that you are an idiot!!!! Jordin is not ugly and by no means is she fat. You are probably some big fat white woman who can't even get up to use the bathroom. And just in case you didn't know (obviously you didn't) let me inform you of something, Jordin's dad has his own MONEY!!! He is a retired NFL Player jackass. Before you make your self an authority of something, do some research on it. Jordin was not my favorite but I refuse to let someone say mean things about her while I sit around and do nothing. Get a job or something because you obviously have no life. Just like every other television, I am sure yours came with up and down buttons for changing the channel. If you thought Jordin was far less than eye-candy you could have changed the channel at any time. GROW UP AND TAKE HEED, THE WORLD IS GOING TO CHANGE WITH OR WITHOUT YOU!!!!!!

May 30 2007 at 8:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sassy56

I would just like to remind "Divasnana" that it is a proven fact that all human life began in Africa. That makes all of us inhabiting the earth, African. What planet are you from?

May 30 2007 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sultry

Ignore that racist pig at it will go away. (by the way I apologise to the use of "the pig" to describe "It"

May 30 2007 at 6:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply