September 16, 2014

Gould creating zombie comedy for Comedy Central

by Adam Finley, posted May 25th 2007 5:21PM

dana gouldDana Gould, one of my favorite stand-up comedians, is creating a series about zombies for Comedy Central?

I am so there.

The series, which has the working title of The Last Larry, focuses on a world destroyed by zombies, and the humans leftover who are trying to get on with their lives. Gould describes the series as a traditional sitcom that just happens to take place in the aftermath of a zombie holocaust, saying it's really about how people get on with their lives after something terrible happens.

That may sound a lot like Shaun of the Dead, but Gould insists that's not the case. He is set to write, executive produce and star in the new series. Since the project is still in the early stages, there's no word on when we'll be seeing it.

Gould was recently a writer on The Simpsons, but left the series to develop other projects. He still does stand-up, and if you ever get a chance to see him, I highly recommend it.

Cody

I'd like to see a zombie show based on Image Comics's Walking Dead series.

May 26 2007 at 6:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

"The answer is seven."

Good to know! Heh.

May 26 2007 at 2:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Zombie Apocalypse

I'm less surprised about the prevalence of zombie comedies, and more surprised about the fact that they're actually making zombie television shows now.

CBS is doing a show called Babylon Fields: http://thezombieapocalypse.blogspot.com/2007/05/zombies-shamble-onto-television-part-1.html

And these unknowns have just shot a pilot intended for cable: http://thezombieapocalypse.blogspot.com/2007/05/zombies-shamble-onto-television-part-2.html

I hope audiences are ready for zombies on television. I know I am.

May 26 2007 at 12:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nelson

Anytime you can use the term "(rom)comzom", you use it. You use it like there's no zombie-apocalypse tomorrow.

May 26 2007 at 12:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

"But I'm not sure how many times we need to see comedies about zombies."

The answer is seven.

May 25 2007 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

It sounds like a cross between "Shaun of the Dead" and "Fido", which are both hilarious films. But I'm not sure how many times we need to see comedies about zombies.

May 25 2007 at 9:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply