April 21, 2014

Charles Nelson Reilly dead at 76

by Bob Sassone, posted May 28th 2007 8:01AM

Charles Nelson ReillyAw, this is sad news: longtime Match Game panelist Charles Nelson Reilly has died at the age of 76.

Of course, he was known for a lot more than that. He won a Tony Award in 1962 for his work on Broadway in How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying. Reilly was also an acclaimed director, directing such plays as The Belle of Amherst and The Gin Game. He also directed several episodes of the TV show Evening Shade. He was a regular on The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and appeared on many other shows, including Hollywood Squares, Love Boat, Nanny and the Professor, Lidsville, Here's Lucy, Love, American Style, Amazing Stories, Family Matters, The Drew Carey Show, SpongeBob SquarePants, and The X-Files.

He died of pneumonia in Los Angeles on Friday.

Tracey

You were the Best BLANK on Match Game. (RIP)

May 30 2007 at 10:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stephies

I too was one of his many loyal fans. Lidsville , Match Game , The Tonight Show , Cannonball Run ..... (the list is endless) REST IN PEACE CNR.

May 28 2007 at 11:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

We will miss you, Charles. Very BLANKing much.

May 28 2007 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mathieu Plante

He is actually a fixture of my adulthood, I still watch Match Game all the time... this is very sad news indeed.

May 28 2007 at 11:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KMF

His passing is really sad. He, like Paul Lind, was a fixture of my childhood. Rest in Peace Charles, we'll miss you!

May 28 2007 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KenMo

He was one of my first experiences with great comedy. Between him and Paul Lynde on the shows I watched growning up, they built the foundation of my sense of humor.

May 28 2007 at 8:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply