October 30, 2014

Polish government launches probe to determine if Teletubbies are gay

by Paul Goebel, posted May 29th 2007 11:20AM

Tinky WinkyThe conservative Polish government recently launched a probe to find out whether or not the children's show Teletubbies promotes a homosexual agenda. Much like the late Jerry Falwell, government appointee Ewa Sowinska is concerned that the show may have a negative effect on the children of Poland. Her concerns began when she "noticed (Tinky Winky) has a ladies purse, but (she) didn't realize he's a boy."

This announcement must seem ludicrous to anyone who has ever watched Teletubbies and already knows that the characters are completely asexual. They are neither male nor female, have no sexual organs and no sexual urges. Whenever the Tubbies show any kind of affection at all it's a simple hug shared among all of them.

Quite frankly, I'm disappointed by this news. To learn that there are still people in the world who think a person's sexual orientation can be gaged by their accessories is ludicrous, and to live in fear that a simple show about imaginary creatures who play together and have fun can turn a child gay is pitiful.

It reminds me of the old joke that goes, "Did you hear the one about the Polish government official? She thought an imaginary creature carrying a purse was gay."

zuza

how does one 'promote' homosexuality anyway...?

buy one, get one free - only if yer gay! yay!

June 12 2007 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pete

@5 your dumb. go away.

May 30 2007 at 1:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

Perhaps launching PROBES is the last thing they should do if they are concerned they are gay.

May 29 2007 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

Teletubbies have gender?

I do *not* want to know how you check.

May 29 2007 at 8:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
snarky1

Hmmm..I don't get it. I have two daughters, 3 & 5, and they love to play with trucks. Will they become gay if I let them continue? I don't think so. I also don't think that if I had a boy and he wanted to play with his sister's dolls that would make him gay. Aren't peolple born homosexual?

Leave Tinky Winky alone!!!!

May 29 2007 at 5:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Televinita

...wait, why IS Tinky Winky carrying a purse?

I always assumed the Teletubbies were boys, in the same way that I refer to God as He or Him. It's more of a gender description than a biological definition. Frankly, I think the term 'asexual' would confuse children a lot more, seeing as they start off in a very black-and-white world; abstract concepts don't make sense until later on.

May 29 2007 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pete

about time someone takes the teletuby threat seriously, they are corrupting our young minds to the gay agenda, along with hollywood, and those craaaazzzyyyyy liberals.
i commend the polish for taking a stand and saying enough.

but seriously, i thought this horse was beaten to death years ago here in the states. and as paul points out i happend to agree that those things are asexual and only care about running in the meadow on their scooters and playing with there vacuum cleaner and having good old fashion non homosexual, or heterosexual for that matter, fun.

May 29 2007 at 12:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

It's not a purse. It's a European carry-all.

May 29 2007 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Well this now shows where all the polish dumb jokes come from.

And it's a boy? Where's his dick?

May 29 2007 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rogphi

to quote South Park " dont be gay Sparky"

WOW!! one would think there are more important things to spend time and money on.
I guess we will find out in ten years time when teenagers start declaring " I realised I was gay when I started watching Teletubbies"

May 29 2007 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply