October 25, 2014

Rosie fans launch petition to fire Elisabeth Hasselbeck

by Anna Johns, posted May 29th 2007 6:22PM
elisabeth hasselbeckAs of 6 pm eastern, there are more than 14,000 signatures on an online petition to fire Elisabeth Hasselbeck from The View. Of course, this is more fallout from her split-screen debate with former co-host Rosie O'Donnell. It was the debate--the split screen in particular--that made Rosie leave the show three weeks early.

Sadly, the petitioners seem to be calling for Elisabeth's removal because of her political views. The website says, "While the purpose of The View is for different views to be expressed, each co-host should be able to express their views without being attacked by a closed-minded co-host who blindly refuses to listen to facts and uses the show to angrily spout propaganda." I highlighted the end of that quote because, I think, it proves that the petitioners simply think that Elisabeth's opinion is wrong. It's an opinion and, whether you agree with her or not, many people share her views.

Of course, this is television we're talking about. So the "we don't like you very much" argument tends to be very powerful.

[Via Perez Hilton]

mimi

For all you "people" who have nothing but insults about Rosie's appearance, look in the mirror. I assume you are christain and right winged, Jesus would say those who have not sinned be the first to cast stones...before you call any one fat and ugly you better have a Paris hilton frame. I'm just saying, btw I am 5'11" and weigh 140 so I put my $ where my mouth is...oh, yeah Rosie was right and EH is so misguided

June 09 2007 at 10:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judy

I used to be a Republican, and I voted for George Bush. Now, I am ashamed! And, disgusted by Elisabeth H!!

She is nothing but a parrot for the Republican party. She does not understand the issues; and I wouldn't be surprised if she had an ear piece and was fed all her answerers by Fox News, and their thugs.

I respect everyone's opinions(s), however, their is nothing you can say to this ignorant Elisabeth to convince her that the world hates us, the war was immoral, based on lies. Against every U.N. resolution. That once upon a time, we the U.S. supported Sadam Hussein, and armed him militarily, and with all sorts of illegal gases to go bomb and kill innocent Iranians.

Elisabeth you are ignorant, racist PIG!! You have exactly the same mentality as the slave owners, who went and chained innocent Africans and brought them to America to be their slaves, in the name of God!
Yes, you are entitled to your opinion... . But, you make no sense, you are brain washed! Nothing but a robot! You are not stupid, because you can teach a stupid person, but you cannot teach an ignorant person. You are ignorant!!

What is your definition of terrorism Elisabeth?
Let's see, if the terrorists that blow themselves up, fly F-16, use sophisticated weapons, Apache helicopters to attack us, and I mean to attack us illegally. Got to war against the world, against every U.N. Resolution.... Would you still call them terrorists? They too, can give you hundreds of reason to justify their attacks. Would you stll call them terrorists??

How about if they torture our solider's, and strip them naked, humiliate them, prison them without being charged. Oh, how about if they violate the Geneva accords? Would they still be terrorists?
How about if they kill an entire wedding party of Americans, innocent unarmed civilians? One more, how about if they massacre innocent, unarmed Americans sound asleep in the privacy of their homes. Unarmed Americans!

So, is it the method of killing that labels a killer terrorists? Or is it the end results, dead innocent civilians??? Which one bothers you more Elisabeth. Go on answer the question.... Wait! First, stick your ear piece so you can be fed more lies by your thugs!

Again, I cannot comprehend one percent of you what you say; you want 1+1 to =3
You are rude, always interrupting. You were so sarcastic to Ms. Joy Bahr, today. You could not even let her finish.... .

Really, is your God different than the rest of us?

June 04 2007 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FCWriter

Did Maggie mean Rosie. I only recall her acting in that manner. Besides, she was in there doing her thing as well. If you don't like Elisabeth be honest and don't make up stories. Rosie was the bully on that show and Elisabeth has usually on the receiving end of it. At least Maggie had the decency not to accuse her of being stupdi, ignorant, a moron, a twit, etc.. Most others attack her intelligence without providing any source for their diatribes other than emotion and personal preference and that speaks more about the accuser than the accused.

And as for "GOD" (#54 above) perhaps #52 applies as well.

June 02 2007 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GOD

Please take the righteous ELizabeth off of the air- she gives "christians" a bad name. She is hateful of those who are not like her- which is not "Christian" at all. Doesn't she remember that MY Son- Jesus was a liberal?
GOD

June 01 2007 at 12:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FCWriter

Obviously, Larry hasn't seen the view.

June 01 2007 at 12:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marie flores cabuco

hey elisabeth enough for your over acting ur very hostile co-host. ur one track narrow minded ,ur only very dumb good in depending the bush administration even they are wrong .don't worry elisabeth you will be getting again gifts from pres.bush ,again you be braging about the invitations you 'll be getting from the white house. d. trump is right this time calling you dumb. my friends and relatives will surely sign the petition for you to be fired from the view , okay !!!

May 31 2007 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry

I agree that everyone on The View has the right to state their beliefs on a topic BUT that in onw way gives someone the right to disrespect, interrupt and blatantly lie about someone or something as Elisabeth Hassleback has this past year. She is making me think of Starr Jones more and more everyday. EH seems to think she has the credentials to be sitting in the moderator's chair!!! NO WAY!!!! She started the massacre of May 23rd by talking while Joy was giving her thoughts about Bush, his administration and the war!! Go to The View's website and watch the video!!! I signed the petition and I have e-mailed EH telling her that, in my opinion, she needs to be removed from the program immediately. To think she believes America is swallowing the story that she and Rosie are working to repair their friendship and forgive each other. Dream on Bleachie!!!!!!! That is certainly NOT your natural hair color!!!

May 31 2007 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
M Schlangen

Thank God for Rosie & goodbye to Elizabeth I hope. I don't agree with Donald Trump but he was right on with his coment about EH. She has tunnel vision when it comes to The war & G. Bush. Wake up EH & please move on because you have no talent of any kind so Barbara just don;t renew her contract as you did Star Jones who needed to go to.

May 31 2007 at 6:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maggie

Rosie was the only thing keeping me hanging in there with the view, I can't stand Elisabeth, she dresses like an absolute loser at least 75% of the time, and has nothing to say that I can relate to. She is far too young and inexperienced to have an opinion that agrees with the majority of grown married women out there. At very least the other women on the panel give their opinion in an adult way without screaming or accusing or even low blows like the one EH made regarding Trump. When we try to understand why women can't seem to debate like men maybe we'll remember the low blow EH pulled out of her butt when she had nothing else worth a darn to say. Send her packing back to Rhode Island! NOW!

May 30 2007 at 8:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Burgie

Elisabeth has become nothing more than a female Shawn Hannity or Bill O'Reilly. Fire her now; I'm sick of her empty mind. There's surely nothing intelligent coming from it.

May 30 2007 at 8:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply