TV Obits: Conway, Greeley, Lindsay
by Bob Sassone, posted May 31st 2007 2:41PM
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Shirl Conway: She was one of the leads in the 60s series The Nurses (she played head nurse Liz Thorpe). She also appeared in episodes of Route 66, Caesar's Hour, The Defenders, and other shows and movies. She died earlier this month at age 90. (That's her on the right in the pic.)
- George Greeley: Greeley was a musician and composer who did the music for such shows as My Favorite Martian, The Ghost & Mrs. Muir, My Living Doll, and The Buster Keaton Show. He died in Sherman Oaks, CA of emphysema at age 89.
- Cynthia Lindsay: She was a screenwriter and author who wrote for such TV shows as My Three Sons and Bachelor Father, as well as the Gene Kelly-directed pilot for a series titled American In Paris in the mid-60s. She also wrote a biography of Boris Karloff and later opened a series of salons that catered to celebs. She died recently at age 92 in Santa Monica, CA.
- James S. McGarity: Did you watch Romper Room when you were a kid? You have McGarity to thank. He was a Baltimore radio and TV exec who traveled around the country and sold the show to various local stations. He died earlier this week of prostate cancer at age 81.
- Charles Nelson Reilly: He died last week at age 76. Our obituary is here.