October 25, 2014

Doctor Who to end in 2008

by Richard Keller, posted Jun 1st 2007 10:01AM

It's the end of the road for Doctor Who in 2008Well, it was fun while it lasted.

According to UK tabloid The Sun the newest incarnation of Doctor Who, which has been a hit both in the UK and here in North America, will be ending its run after the fourth series finishes up next year. The decision to end it didn't come from executives over at BBC1. Rather, it came from Executive Producer Russell T. Davies, the man who relaunched the adventures of the good Doctor back in 2006.

According to The Sun article Davies wants to concentrate on other projects. So, he's decided to end the show while it's still on top in the ratings (the show is watched by 8 million viewers in the UK each week). David Tennant, who has portrayed the Doctor since the second series, has signed on to continue playing the role through the end of the series.

Jamie

why make an article when ur source is the sun
check the actual doctor who website
www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho
it says that RT says theres gonna be a 5th series

March 27 2008 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mayhemInc

I Heard (A While Back In 2007) They Would Air 2008 Then Take A Year Off (2009) & Be Back In 2010 With Season 5. Is This Still Accurate?

March 03 2008 at 1:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nitpicker

I hope Kt Smith is not affraid to run a spellchecker over her hole scipts if she gets the job, sience there appears to be something wrong with her keyboard. :D

February 27 2008 at 8:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kt Smith

if doctor who ends my hole world will fall apart and i have been watching Doctor who sience the 7th doctor and i DONT want it to stop at 10 and if davis is the one that makes it so i will fly over to london and give him a piece of my mind and i will take over with my scipts.
P.S.
David Tennant is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT and i am NOT affraid to tell the WORLD that.

January 07 2008 at 1:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara Schuyler

Here in my house we all love Dr.Who and miss him on what we call here in the USA "Sci-Fi Friday". They keep cancelling shows or airing very few episodes with huge gaps of nothing. My question is.....When in 2008 will we see Dr.Who again??, here, on the Sci-Fi Channel??

January 05 2008 at 5:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
K.M. Paters

I always wonder where these folks get their information from. The BBC production is committed to keeping their flagship TV program on the air in 2010 and beyond that mark. It's the same about rumors leading the notion taht David Tennant is leaving the show, no thanks to his co-worker who should check her brain first. Tennant has dimissed the rumors of leaving the show after his fourth year and will be around for a while. Those are his own words. People need to make sure to get their information correct before getting it out to the public. Verify the facts. That's the #1 rule in something like the newspaper business.

December 20 2007 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rooster

Dr Who is a fantastic money spinner. Just think of the revenue from merchandising and exports.

Of course they wont give it up...... be daft to!

September 29 2007 at 12:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim Drury

This is complete BS.
Doctor Who is getting a full 2008 series, with christmas special. then as RT is "Scaling Down" his Doctor Who involvement there are only going to be 3 x 1 hour specials in 2009 + a christmas ep, then back to a full series of 13 episodes for 2010.

September 19 2007 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Smith

Rubbish, the BBC confirmed Doctor Who all the way into 2010 with Tennant doing 3 specials in 2009

September 18 2007 at 11:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alishia

Amen to that. Heck they can all leave if they want to. Get a new doctor, get new companions. Hell I love David Tennant, but I wouldn't let the show changing keep me from watching it. I am a die hard Who fan. When most girls my age were lusting after Tom Cruise, I wanted Tom Baker! so RAWR! and Long live The Doctor! (Well, Ok I'd be seriously sad, David IS the best Doctor I think so far, and I would be ecstatic to see him and his "Rose" reunited, but Who should live on regardless. As long as the writing is good, there will always be Who fans.

September 07 2007 at 6:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply