October 22, 2014

Sarah Silverman will probably swear a lot at MTV Movie Awards

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 1st 2007 3:30PM

Sarah SilvermanFor the first time, the MTV Movie Awards is going to be broadcast live, and host Sarah Silverman promises there will be some controversial moments.

Adam told you a couple of months ago about Silverman being chosen as host of the annual show. This year it's being produced by Survivor mastermind Mark Burnett, who seems to have a hand in almost every show on the air right now, with the possible exception of The Mclaughlin Group. Silverman has already had simulated sex with a block of cheese at the Independent Spirit Awards (hmmm...must have missed that), and she tells USA Today: "The truth is, I'll probably be swearing a lot. But I don't think it will be any less funny. It will be fun to flirt with the conventions of live television. There's no way it's going to go totally smoothly, and I know, as a viewer, I'm always watching for the evidence of the 'liveness.' "

There will be a 7 second delay, but they'll have to be really alert this year. Even Burnett says that the "bleep" guy will have a hard time.

The show airs on MTV this Sunday at 8pm ET.

Yolanda

Doesn't matter to me...I have her DVD but I don't watch TV. So, whatever happens...I hear about it later or something. :)

July 28 2007 at 4:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sheela

dont like her.. hostin the awards are very outspoken which is fine, whatever..but her doing it?? i dont think so..she should host another kinda show...the men do it the best...

June 05 2007 at 7:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Willie

Traditionally, the MTV music awards have always been about "fun at the movies" and what makes it so enjoyable to us, hence, the unique awards for best kiss, best villian, etc. The host was always someone who was active in said movies, was familiar to us, and could keep the fun going. Mz Silverman is none of this. One good joke (you know all jokes are created by a staff of other writers, don't ya?) does not make a person funny or even a good comedian. All she is is a late-night lounge act who serves are tepid warm-up for the main event. She needs to go back to the suburbs of Detroit and swamps of Arkansas to be with her kind

June 04 2007 at 10:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
maggie

I just watched the opening of the mtv movie awards with my daughter (23) and her boyfriend(25)and I found Sarah Silverman to be the most classless and cruel of brats. She said such offensive things about the young hollywood problem kids. Is this what this generation is about? wow!! She is not funny, she is not talented and I have no clue why she would be the voice of that generation. She should be ashamed of her self. Getting attention by hurting others is not cool. She is so uncool, jimmy kimmel deserves better.

June 03 2007 at 8:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

Yeah, this will probably turn into another crummy Mark Burnett reality show. What does a 50 year old man know about being "Hip" - c'mon MTV you can do better!

Galley (#7) - I hope Sarah brings her boyfriend "God".

June 02 2007 at 5:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pacino

A 7 second delay is not 'live'!

June 02 2007 at 5:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Did you ever watch The Sarah Silverman Program? It was hilarious, and there wasn't any swearing in it.

June 02 2007 at 8:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kurifurisan

This would be the equivalent of a female Andrew "Dice" Clay kind of mtv awards... eh, I might watch if nothing else is on...and she talks about her vagina.

June 02 2007 at 3:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred

Too bad they didn't get somebody who was still funny and worth watching. Pushing the envelope isn't entertainment, it's what unruly school kids do for attention and what immature children consider funny. It's also what some entertainers resort to when they lack talent and intelligence.

June 01 2007 at 11:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol

It doesn't matter to me what she says or does as far as I am concerned because I certainly won't be watching. What is problematic is the young people who will be watching. Someday, if she lives long enough, she will be an old lady wondering what in the world she was thinking. All she is trying to do, according to her, is push the envelope. Well, I think the envelope has already been pushed beyond the limits of acceptability.

June 01 2007 at 4:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply