What I'm watching this summer - Bob's list
Summer is my least favorite season, by far. And not just because most TV shows are in reruns 'til the fall, though that's part of it. But nowadays the networks and cable are giving us more new stuff during June, July, and August, and it's also a good time to get caught up on shows you missed and those DVDs on your coffee table. Here's what I'm looking forward to this summer.
1. Mad Men (AMC): This is an original drama series for AMC, and it centers on the men (and women) who work for a big Madison Avenue ad agency in 1960. Advertising! 1960! Cool clothes! Cool music! Smoking! Drinking! I can't wait for this show to start. Premieres in July.
2. Entourage (HBO): I have no idea why they had the season finale last night and the new season starts in only two weeks, but I'm glad.
3. Life On Mars (BBC America): I have all of the episodes recorded, but I haven't gotten a chance to watch them yet. I'm talking about the first season.
4. Studio 60 (NBC): Oh, shut up. Let me have my remaining episodes until July.
5. Adult Swim (Cartoon Network): I can finally catch up on all the shows I haven't been watching much the past several months: Morel Orel, Robot Chicken, etc.
6. Mindfreak (A&E): I haven't checked out this show yet, but I was reading his new book the other day, and now I want to see his show.
7. Burn Notice (USA): A spy show, and Bruce Campbell co-stars? I am so there. Starts June 28.
8. Kate & Allie: I watched the marathon on WE this past weekend, and the show joins the regular lineup every night at 7. Gotta order the season 3 and season 4 DVDs too.
9. Hell's Kitchen (FOX): I'm not a reality person really, but I love cooking and I like hearing Gordon Ramsay yell at people, and the previews look great. Starts tonight at 9.
10. John From Cincinnati (HBO): Surfing, mystery, family drama, and magical levitation? I'll give it a shot.
What are you looking forward to this summer?