October 25, 2014

Jericho may be coming back

by Joel Keller, posted Jun 5th 2007 4:15PM
JerichoMaybe Jericho's fans aren't nuts after all.

After the serialized apocalypse-themed program was canceled by CBS, its rabid fans sent the network thousands of pounds of nuts, egged on by a well-organized internet campaign to save the show. Now, the ever-tuned-in Mike Ausiello is reporting that the network brass is listening, and is in talks to bring back the show for eight episodes, to possibly air at mid-season.

If this "Nuts" campaign actually pulls off the impossible and Jericho comes back, I'm curious to see what the next group who wants to save a show will send a network. Will Knights of Prosperity fans send ABC a truckload of dreidels? Will Veronica Mars fans send the CW postal bags full of fake badges? The possibilities are endless, and now people have some precedent. Yikes.

[thanks to Steve and Jonathan for the tips.]

crushdmb

carolinemorgan: This is exactly it! Networks come up with ratings in such an archaic way, it's frightening. I watch most of my TV free online (at the network's website), when available, because I only have rabbit ears at the moment and the quality is much better that way.

June 06 2007 at 12:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GrumpyOldMan

Please Please Please CBS, do the right thing.

June 06 2007 at 8:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carolinemorgan

People need to understand that this wasn't just about one great show being kicked to the curb buy the networks it is about the state of TV as a whole. Networks needed to know that people don't just watch the shows live anymore they watch online , Tivo, PVR, itunes the networks promote other media forms but then ignore the numbers that they generate.

June 06 2007 at 12:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darren

I hope it comes back, even if its just 8 shows to end it right!

June 05 2007 at 10:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SeanTubbs

Veronica Mars doesn't need to be saved. It had a perfect first season, and could have ended right there and then. It had an okay second season that could have ended with the finale. I dropped out of the third season, not because the show wasn't good, but because it didn't have the same spirit as it had before.

June 05 2007 at 7:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Derek

I would love to see eight more episodes of Jericho! There's nothing worse than ending a series with a cliffhanger.

June 05 2007 at 6:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mel

I've never seen this show, but my dad is a fan and I have a soft spot for any underrated cult show. I was saddened by it's cancelation, but if this is true, it's great news! Very inspirational. I may even send in some nuts myself.

June 05 2007 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Sending nuts is insane. I think CBS saw that they made a mistake without the nuts and wants to at last finish off the show correctly.

June 05 2007 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Curt

why's everyone acting like this is a new thing... granted it's rare, but fans have done it before ala Star Trek. It was cancelled after seas 2 and fans sent so many letters they broke NBC's mailroom.

But kudos to the nuts who sent the nuts. I've avoided the last 2 episodes of Jericho on my tivo because I didnt want to see a cliffhanger and not see it's resolution... so thanks you crazy peoples.

June 05 2007 at 5:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply