Ozzy disses Sanjaya and other Idol gossip

by Liz Finn-Arnold, posted Jun 5th 2007 9:25AM
Ozzy OsbourneI used to love watching Ozzy on The Osbournes, even if he did make about as much sense as Paula Abdul. But I guess Ozzy isn't as "out of it" as I thought. According the New York Post, Ozzy was scheduled to perform during the American Idol May 23rd finale, but canceled at the last minute when he found out he'd be singing a duet with Sanjaya Malakar.

Ozzy reportedly called Sanjaya "a hairstyle-challenged idiot" and refused "be on stage with that idiot." Aerosmith's Joe Perry apparently had no problem appearing on stage with the infamous Sanjaya.

In other gossip, The National Enquirer is reporting that Britney Spears is being considered to replace Paula Abdul next year on American Idol.

According to the National Enquirer's Mike Walker, Randy Jackson will also be replaced in a major shake-up meant to deal with Idol's dwindling ratings. I doubt there's any truth to these rumors, y'all. But if Britney Spears does replace Paula, I'll shave my head, get a tattoo on my wrist, and go on a alcohol-and-Red-Bull-fueled binge in Hollywood sans underwear.

Speaking of Britney Spears, Simon Cowell told Good Morning America the same thing he said six months ago. Britney Spears needs to "go home" if she wants to save her career. Simon said, "She can't handle the tension and the pressure. Lock the door, don't go out with your stupid friends, have some home-cooked food, get a sense of reality. Go lie in the garden, OK? And then say to yourself, 'There's more good in my life than bad. I'm still a rich, talented girl - now I want to get my career back on track.' End of story."

Yeah, somehow I don't see Simon Cowell sitting next to Britney Spears next year. Britney makes Paula look stable, wise, and appropriately dressed.

Meanwhile, Ryan Seacrest is getting rave reviews for his scene-stealing cameo in Judd Apatow's hit comedy Knocked Up. Ryan plays himself in the film and spews some funny stuff about his career, Jessica Simpson, and the entertainment industry. I especially love when Ryan says, "I don't understand the young talent in this town ... It doesn't make any sense. I got four jobs - hell, I'm more famous than half the people we talk to anyway!"

Not that he needs anymore jobs, but it looks like Ryan can now add "movie star" to his resume. How long before he tries to go after Greg Kinnear's roles?

Bjork

Ozzy is dead on!! I really am amazed how many idiots actually liked that long haired UGLY No TALENTED DUFIS!! Almos t all tjhose so called singers sound like what I call shaken singers syndrom. Like Whitney.. they can't just sing a nice tone but it has to jump like someone was standing behind them shaking them hard while they screamed ruining good music. This turd has no talent and that STUPID tard blonde (figures blonde.. blondes R DUMB and look and act like tramps) child crying at the show.. TARDO!! Hearing this makes me believe Ozzy still has oth taste and brains left!!

July 12 2007 at 2:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chester

Ozzy is the first person I've heard so far that actually put
Sanjaya where he belongs. I mean, lets face it he's a JOKE.

June 20 2007 at 8:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zig Zag

Ozzy is cool.

Idol sucked this year thanks to the crappy producers in charge of it.

Simon is a ferret face moron.

And Ryan is so not funny he isn't even worth mentioning.

June 07 2007 at 8:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nick

The story has been de-bunked:

Aerosmith calls report that Joe Perry replaced Ozzy Osbourne “a load of crap”

On Aerosmith’s News from the Road blog, the band’s blogger John B. writes about Joe Perry’s appearance with Sanjaya on the American Idol 6 finale, and says The New York Post’s report that Ozzy Osbourne was supposed to play with Sanjaya is false.

The Post’s story, which cited an anonymous source, is “a load of crap! Must be a slow news day,” the blog says. Besides apparently getting the story wrong, The Post also misspelled Ozzy’s first name (as “Ozzie”) and identified Joe Perry as Steve Perry, who was in Journey.

Aerosmith’s blog has a behind-the-scenes report about Joe’s interaction with Sanjaya:

“I’m sure you want to know what kind of jerk Sanjaya was. I hate to tell you but he was the nicest kid you would want to meet. What he lacked in the vocal department he made up for in personality. He was in awe of Joe. He gave Joe nothing but respect. All the armchair critics can say what they want but the kid is all right in my book.”

June 06 2007 at 1:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phish

what brought down idol is the lack of "competition" and "quality".

the contestants were a joke, and the voting reflected that, there was no real suspense.

nobody cared who won, cause they were all substandard "IDOLS"

i'm not saying melinda doesnt have an amazing voice, but is she "idol" material?

Jordin's mediocre singing, boring image, shows that the audience "settled" for her to be the next idol.

I GURANTEE HER ALBUM SALES WILL BE CRAP! unless she gets a MAJOR image makeover, gets caught drunk / high, loses 40 pounds

June 05 2007 at 11:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Myke Elton

Well ozzy, you your self is not good at singing, I hate your voice and I can't understnad what you are saying. So grow up and learn a thing or two from the idols on the show!

June 05 2007 at 4:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gloria

The only thing wrong with the Idol this past year, was the talent. It was definitely substandard in comparison to years past.
The judges are great - Paula just needs to get a handle on things.

Again, it was the talent that took it down in the ratings and maybe the too windy Seacrest.

June 05 2007 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vacelts

Who knew Ozzy had taste?

June 05 2007 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Televinita

Because Ozzy is a real prize, is he? *snort* Frankly, I think Sanjaya's luckier to to NOT have to sing with him.

June 05 2007 at 10:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply