April 24, 2014

Standoff returns on Friday

by Anna Johns, posted Jun 5th 2007 1:12PM
ron livingston; rosemarie dewitt; standoffHey! Do you guys remember Standoff? It had great actors like Ron Livingston and Gina Torres... it just got kind-of stale after, oh, two episodes. Fox is burning off the remaining 9 episodes of the procedural drama starting this Friday. The show was officially canceled on May 17th when Fox announced its Upfronts schedule for next fall.

The actors from the series have already moved on to other projects. Gina Torres, for example, is preparing for motherhood. She and husband Laurence Fishburne are expecting their first child any day now. And Ron Livingston is currently on stage in the off-Broadway play, In A Dark Dark House, and is still the spokesperson for Sprint Nextel.

Standoff resumes Friday, June 8 at 9 pm on Fox.

Caroline

I love this show! I hope it doesn't get cancelled. The chemistry is amazing, you want to know what will happen to the main characters..I know I do..its a show that keeps you on the edge and is actually WORTH watching!

August 02 2007 at 2:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dee

I just watched all the episodes online. Never saw it on regular tv. the show is really good. Hope it's not cancelled. The actors are great. Good chemistry. Come on FOX bring it back --it your thinking of letting it go! You guys need to promote your shows better! This show has all the making to be a BIG hit!

June 21 2007 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amy

I agree with other posts here, Standoff was by far FOX's best bet for a hit from their last season. The summer ratings will prove the obviously young and inexperenced marketing division of FOX that this show was completely mishandled and not promoted even remotely right.

FOX should be listening to the wake up call of the comments left here and else where about this show. there are alot of us 30 somethings out there that want to be entertained beyond a 12 year olds capacity. It is an insult to the cast and crew of this show to just ignore it's steady fanbase it worked so hard to keep for the thre comebacks it has been scheduled to now.

Cut the crap FOX!!!! House was beat in the rating race it's freshman year by a game show that got cancelled.

June 07 2007 at 12:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Midnight Penguin

I think this show fits perfectly into a summer showing, it's too bad that the big networks won't pay for shows like this for their summer block. I understand signing reality for the summer, but a few original ideas too would be nice, and I think they'll find that the airings this summer of STANDOFF will do quite well.

June 06 2007 at 9:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stephanie

WHO: YOU!
WHAT: The return of STANDOFF
WHEN: Friday, June 8th 9pm
WHERE: FOX
WHY:This is an amazing show!!! There's a great, talented, PASSIONATE cast-wonderful plots-and just the right amount of Drama and Fluff!

I've just given you everything you need to help save this amazing show!!!

June 06 2007 at 12:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

That sucks, that was easily my most-favorite show from last season.

June 06 2007 at 9:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff N.

I ,liked the show. I thought the two leads had very good chemistry together. I'm going to watch the last 9 episodes.
Ohh by the way I just read this online. The longest running drama on Tv, Gunsmoke, was not a hit it's first year on the Network. It didn't even rate in the top 25. By today's standards it would of been cancelled.
Of course you can add Cheers, All in the Family, Seinfeld and many other great shows that all struggles in the first year. I think I've seen worse shows than Standoff become hits.

June 05 2007 at 5:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Televinita

I know everybody here hates it, but it's one of exactly three shows I plan to watch this summer, and I think it's a sight better than the reality influx or the less-than-fascinating fare the cable networks are touting. So I, for one, am VERY much looking forward to it.

June 05 2007 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steph

It's officially cancelled? I thought there was a rumor that it still might return sometime mid-season. So sad--I really enjoyed this show. Alas.

June 05 2007 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Curtis

I'm guessing you meant Sprint, not Spring, Nextel.

June 05 2007 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply