October 22, 2014

HDNet to air The Black Donnellys

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 6th 2007 6:20PM

The Black DonnellysMark Cuban's HDNet channel has bought the rights to the cancelled NBC series The Black Donnellys.

The first episode of the series will air on Wednesday, June 13, at 8pm. Not only will HDNet air the episodes that were shown on NBC earlier this year, they will also run the seven episodes that never aired.

I wasn't a big fan of The Black Donnellys, but I really like the idea of having so many cable networks that short-lived shows can live on in some way. I still like the idea of have the Short-Lived Channel, a network devoted to all the shows that lasted 1 or 2 seasons. Imagine what that line-up would look like!

[via TV Tattle]

gino

i'm glad someone so the potential of this show and decided to buy the rights, i only hope that the show continues,then it's the best show ever, even better than the sopranos, pls save the black donnellys

June 29 2007 at 8:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gino

I'm happy to see that someone really so the true potential of this show and decided to buy the rights, i hope they continue with the second season, this show rocks

June 29 2007 at 7:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ruth82

Ooops, I meant Sept. 4th. Sorry!

June 22 2007 at 12:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ruth82

The Black Donnellys is one of the best shows, by far, to come out of 2007. I'm sad to hear that you didn't enjoy it as much as I did, Bob. I know that most people aren't as moved with the first couple of episodes.. but if you watch it through all 13 episodes, I think you'll come to enjoy it. This series does take a commitment to watch. You really do have to invest in watching all of the episodes.. and I'm sure if NBC had been better about their marketing and scheduling, had The Black Donnellys had the chance to air all episodes.. more would agree.

I'm glad that HDNet is giving new viewers the opportunity to watch the show! Also on a brighter note.. the DVD is coming out in Sept. 14.. so for a show they abruptly cancelled.. they sure are spending the resources to get it out on DVD.. Do you think that is cryptic? We'll have to wait and see.

Save The Black Donnellys

June 22 2007 at 12:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

I loved being able to watch shows like "Life on a Stick" "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" and "Square Pegs" on HDNet.

June 07 2007 at 10:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carissa

HDNet also reruns Sons & Daughters frequently, one of the funniest shows to hit television in years. I think the channel is a revelation. And Black Donnelley's, while an acquired taste, deserved a better shot than it got. Kudos to HDNet for reshowing these programs that deserved to be seen.

June 07 2007 at 2:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blaine

I loved this show. I thought it was really entertaining. I was pissed when it was canceled and replaced with that dumb wedding crashers show. I'm also mad to find out I don't get this channel. Hopefully there were be a dvd.

June 07 2007 at 1:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

Hey Clint. Judging by the fact you currently watch three TV shows and are writing a crappy blog that pretends John From Cincinnati is a rip-off of Airborne, maybe you should take every opportunity you can to watch Six Degrees, The Nine, and The Black Donnellys. The experience could only improve your malformed opinions. I pray I haven't accidentally driven any traffic to your site by commenting.

June 06 2007 at 11:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

" I'm glad to hear the HDNet supports over-hyped, crappy dramas. Maybe they'll start to air Six Degrees and The Nine next!" - Clint

...Then they can finish the evening with Studio 60! A full night of over hype crap shows!

June 06 2007 at 11:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply