September 1, 2014

Five reasons why Rosie O'Donnell can't host The Price is Right

by Paul Goebel, posted Jun 8th 2007 9:41AM

Rosie about to say a dirty wordRosie O'Donnell has been campaigning very heavily to be the new host of The Price is Right. Personally I can't think of a worse choice for the job. I'm sure I will ruffle plenty of feathers with this list but if I can do anything to make sure she doesn't replace Bob Barker, it's worth making enemies.

5. She is too self-absorbed to care about the contestants.
Rosie can't stop talking about herself long enough to run a show like TPIR. With her as the host, Viewers would be lucky to get to see on spin of the wheel.

4. She looks too unattractive next to Barker's Beauties.
I know this comes down to personal preference but there was something very classy about Bob in the middle of those beautiful ladies. Rosie would stick out like a lesbian in a punch bowl.

3. She insists on revealing too much personal information.
I don't care what is going on at Rosie's house or what her kids are doing or what crappy musical she wants to be in next. The host of TPIR needs to be all about the game not about Tom Cruise.

2. She'll change her sign off every week.
Rosie is passionate about too many different subjects to stick to one sign off. One week it'll be, "Help ban automatic weapons!" and the next week she'll say. "Help reveal the 9/11 conspiracy," then a week later, she'll switch to "Go see Rent before it closes."

1. If I have to watch her five days a week, I'll neuter myself.
While this will probably be preferable to most of my readers, I'd prefer not to have to go this route. However, I'd rather go under the knife instead of being forced to watch such an unfunny and uninteresting person host my favorite game show.

Yvonne Sarver

I sincerely hope Rosie O'Donnell does not host TPIR She is nothing but a trouble maker. She has a garbage mouth and is nothing but trash in my opinion. I cannot stand the woman. She is big fat and ugly. She is everthing tthat Donald Trump said she is and more.

July 11 2007 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yvonne Sarver

Well it does not look like OD is not going to be host of tpir. Hoorah! I'm sorry to say but that fat pig is will not be host. Happy day! Had she taken the job I would have stopped watching.

July 10 2007 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LO

I am sorry but this country was built on Christian values and having these type people misleading someone whether a game show or talk show is not right. TPIR is supposed to be a family show and I don't think she will be representing Christian value in any way.

June 29 2007 at 11:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
P K

Hey get Neicy Nash to host the show, she's a Hoot

June 25 2007 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Misti

Wow, there is so much homophobia going on. Why would being gay make Rosie a bad host? Where is the logic in that? You people are full of a lot of hate and that's very sad. Speaking of being neutered, perhaps all of you hateful people out there should be neutered so they don't pass that ignorance on to your spawn! Rosie rocks, and she'd be a great host!

June 23 2007 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robert

I have read all the comments in this blog about why Rosie should or should not be the new host of TPIR. I will not vent anger or angst against those who think she will so great and bring a new "color" to the show. Rather than that, let me set a scenario for those persons who will ultimately make the decision as to who will carry the torch after Bob Barker fades from public view. Many, many times on the show, contestants have spoken about how many years they watched TPIR, or their mothers watched it, or even their grandmothers watched, while little Johnny was playing with toys on the floor, and he also watched what was going on. This is typical of the legacy that Barker has built over the 5 decades he has been in the public eye as a game-show host. Now think about how many people 30 years from today will get on TV and announce to the world that they have watched Rosie O'Donnell continue with that legacy, and has, in fact built that legacy to new heights about which Barker could only fantasize.

The number of people would be zero, nada, zilch.

Three weeks, three months or three years after watching her demonstrate her infectious people skills in keeping with the Barker tradition, would completey decimate the fan base that is there today, as well as the advertisers, around whom the show is intimately bonded. No advertisers, no money; no money, no show.

Go figure.

Robert

June 20 2007 at 4:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patricia Wheler

I have watched Bob Barker for over 45 years. I was picked out of his audience of T or Q 46 years ago when I was 81/2 months pregnant, and he said to come back in a few months. Well it has been more than a few. I am now a great grandmother. I absolutely will not watch Rosie if she becomes the host of TPIR. She has to big of an ego. It would be all about her. She would be the DOWNFALL OF THIS WONDERFUL GAME SHOW. PLEASE FOR OUR SAKE, "NO NO NO ROSIE" I beg you Mr. Bob Barker.

June 19 2007 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melly

You are so right. What a shame if she were to host such a sweet and iconic show. People watch "TPIR" to escape and relax - she'll drive us all to drink.

She is so negative - it comes out of everyone of her pores.

June 19 2007 at 10:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay Dees

Bob Barker was a class act - Rosie has no class. The game would probably be cancelled within one month of her hosting it.

June 19 2007 at 12:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FlorianBelanich

Rosie would be the worst thing that could happen to the Price Is Right. She is a loser. Look for a male host for the show. I have watch it for many years and if Rosie becomes host, I will not look at the show again. Surprise Bob Barker even brought her name up. PLEASE DON"T PICK HER.

June 18 2007 at 10:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply