August 2, 2014

Supergirl soaring onto Smallville in season seven

by Kevin Kelly, posted Jun 12th 2007 7:52AM
Sarah Michelle Gellar as SupergirlAccording to a press release from The CW, Supergirl will be joining the cast of Smallville next season. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Some people might call this a possible shark-jumping moment ... but for me that already happened back when Jonathan Kent kicked the bucket *sniffle*.

Straight from the network -- "On Smallville, the seventh season premiere kicks off with the arrival of Supergirl, whose name is Kara, as Clark's (Tom Welling) 19-year-old cousin. She was born on Krypton and is the daughter of Zor-El, Jor-El's brother. Kara possesses all of Clark's powers and one he doesn't yet have ??? she can fly! Kara also has a strong, rebellious streak that puts her at odds with Clark, and puts her onto Lex's (Michael Rosenbaum) radar. In addition, she takes a romantic interest in Jimmy Olsen (Aaron Ashmore)."

Ouch, does this mean Allison Mack won't be back? I'm keeping my fingers crossed ... but some new superblood on the show might help shake things up. It's in danger of stagnating, and a young rambunctious super-powered girl might be the shot in the arm it needs. As far as casting goes, I'd personally like to see the feisty and adorable Ellary Porterfield from Hidden Palms in the role. Who would you cast as Supergirl? Besides say ... Sarah Michelle Gellar in that fan-created image for this post.

JO

Well ppl. Ok Kristen Bell will be the narrator for Gossip Girl and she's going to be on Heroes and she has a new movie coming out. I think casting her as super girl on Smallville would be a bit much. But yeah ppl are right

I am like a killer fan of smallville like seriously I used to watch the Superman show when I was like a little four year old girl but I think Smallville should end.

It's just too much and it's taking so long. And Allison mac should so be on this coming season.

August 26 2007 at 8:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ZDnexus

The future Batman - Bruce Wayne (who is a young billionaire just like Lex) should at least appear in one or two episodes. Since Batman and Superman are best friends - the two could team up to expose a secret project of Lex Luthor.

August 15 2007 at 6:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

Well, Lana and Chloe are both going to be in Season 7, It was confirmed by John Glover and Erica Durance. Annette O'Toole (Martha Kent) is not in the cast of Smallville for season 7. As for Supergirl I really dont know if introducing her will be good or not.

July 08 2007 at 5:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
l_Jax

I agree w/ most of the commets above. I like the idea of bizzaro but i hated the fact that chloe died but if u r a true fan we all know that chloe was liviving the life of Lois. The writers realized to late of there mistake so they had to fix it. was it a good fix? no. but it was a soloution. Supergirl on the other hand i have mixed feelings it could be good if they do the right things such as have her not were tights and have Clark try to improve his powers sort of train him while he helps her fit in. remember the lady from JL who put together a squad to fight against the JL maybe she should be introduced to pick up where Lex left off that would be a nice twist. as far as a young Bruce Wayne that would not be a good idea. but w/o introducing Wonder Women Supergirl should visit her Island and spend some time there.

June 27 2007 at 10:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ariana

r u guys out of it? smallville is the best show ever!!!!!!! thank god veronica mars was canceled. i hope smallville goes on 4 ever not just end at season 7. if u hate the show so much stop lookin it up on the internet. dont deny that u dont. in my opinion, chloe should be the next supergirl, but w/e. CHLARK4EVER

June 24 2007 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anita

LOL. OK, if they add KB as SG I'm totally there :) On a side note, I'd love to see young Batman over young SuperGirl -

June 12 2007 at 8:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ana mari

I one of the many devasted by the cancellation of Veronica Mars but the CW could redeem themselves if they cast KRISTEN BELL AS SUPERGIRL ON SMALLVILLE!!! !!!!!!!!!
Redeem yourself CW!!!!!

June 12 2007 at 8:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vacelts

She's sounds like an interesting character. I hope that Alison Mack is returning though.

June 12 2007 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mklopez

Didnt they already have a one-shot episode with a fake Kara, as Anita suggested?

June 12 2007 at 1:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

The moment Clark puts on the suit and flies the series is OVER.

Season 7 should be the last one. The series has run it's course. All that comes after season 7 has been shown already in "Lois an Clark".

June 12 2007 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply