December 20, 2014

Lady or a Tramp in development

by Adam Finley, posted Jun 13th 2007 4:03PM

donald trumpDo you know what we don't have enough of on reality television programs? Slutty chicks who like to party.

Sarcasm aside, Donald Trump is developing a new reality series for a possible midseason slot on the FOX schedule called Lady or a Tramp. The series, unfortunately, is not a series of cage matches between women and hobos, but is instead a competition in which girls who love the party life are sent to charm school to learn to behave like proper women.

If this idea sounds familiar, that might be because you're British already saw the series this one is based on, Ladette to Lady.

Okay, sounds mildly interesting, but here's a sentence from the Variety article that caught my eye: "Girls are required to wear tweed skirts and pearl necklaces, and taught the finer points of skills like flower arranging and needlework."

Really? Flower arranging and needlework? Isn't that rather atavistic? Are they training these ladies to travel back in time to the '40s? Because if the series ended with all the women boarding a time machine, that would be really cool.

Scott

When will Donald Trump just go away?

Didn't he used to like, run a business or something? Why doesn't he go back to that? Why does he have this NEED to be a celebrity? Can't we just stop writing and reading about him, and stop paying attention to him? I hear there's this rich dumb blond girl unjustly thrown in prison somewhere, and no one's covering that...

:-)

June 14 2007 at 8:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hayley Brisland

Hayley Brisland - Winner of Ladette to Lady Series 1

It would appear that everybody is jumping on the band wagon of reforming the next generation!

I totally agree with the time machine comment, how cool would that be. Even the set up is not practical. I arranged flowers in the house and have killed a number of bunches since then - so tend to avoid buying them! Cooking - I live alone, so everyone else tends to cook for me out of sympathy. Sewing - not in my remit its more dangerous for me to sew something than replace it! Yes lots of skills that are bodering on the verge of ridiculous and you would never ever dream of putting to use.

Practicality of the project - if you are open minded, you will learn skills/traits even, of how to behave in certain situations i.e the public eye, different social occassions (not from your usual background), to make the right first impression. The old saying "never judge a book by a cover" we all do it, even me - before we have given people the opportunity to understand us,who we are, where we are from and what we are about. You will gain confidence and a new perspective on life and the decisions you make - if structured and pitched in the right way. Its a 50/50 shot of making something of yourself and someone helping you along the way.

Good luck to all those who participate in the project - keep an open mind and take in as much as you can. But most important, stay true to yourself and enjoy it.

June 14 2007 at 5:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

They have some piece of crap on Vh1 that has the same premise only with Flava Flav's whores from his crappy TV show.

June 13 2007 at 6:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Whoosh

instead of turning tramps into ladies, why don't they turn Trump into a human being

June 13 2007 at 5:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peanut

Do you know what we already have too much of on television? Donald Trump and reality shows.

June 13 2007 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chester

Well I recall Kathy Hilton's huge hit reality show *cough* joke *cough* with a similar theme, with male/female competitors.

June 13 2007 at 4:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

Actually, I thought of MoNique's "Flavor of Love Girls: Charm School".

June 13 2007 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Boomfoxx

Doesn't VH1 already have an Xtreme (extreme is intentially misspelled for emphasis) version of this show in "Flavor of Love Girls: Charm School"? I've never seen it, but from what I've heard it sounds pretty similar... and I doubt even FOX will find girls trashier than the rejects from Flavor of Love.

June 13 2007 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply