September 23, 2014

Triumph does the Tonys - VIDEO

by Adam Finley, posted Jun 13th 2007 8:02PM

triumphLike Paul, I don't watch the Tonys, which isn't saying much because I don't watch the Oscars or the Emmys, either. The only award show I'll watch is the People's Choice Awards, and only because I didn't figure out until recently that the winners aren't all chosen by Nia Peeples. I just have a lot of respect for her opinion, I'm not sure why.

Anyway, Late Night with Conan O'Brien's resident insult dog puppet, Triumph, was as the Tony Awards (equipped with his Gaydar 4000), and as usual when Triumph crashes an event, the results are freaking hysterical. I want so badly to list all of my favorite lines from the bit, but since I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it, check out the video below.

Almost as entertaining as Triumph's witty barbs is the look of trepidation on the faces of those who approach him. They know they're in for something, but they're not sure what. I'm not sure anything will ever top Triumph's encounter with a bunch of Star Wars fans, but this is still really, really, funny.

jDub

Wow, I really hope those women at the end weren't mother and daughter, which is what I thought when I first saw them . . .

June 14 2007 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg

"Please take it in your seats, I mean take your seats."

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

June 14 2007 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

My favorites were: Hey look its Winston Churchill!

and: Conan I had no idea you would be here!

June 14 2007 at 8:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

erm steve... sunday = tony awards live = sopranos finale.

It's referenced in the clip. So it must've been on in the last three days.

June 14 2007 at 6:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

best TVSquad link post ever *laugh*

June 14 2007 at 12:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
steve

wow. was this on this week ? or how old was this ? triumph never fails. fantastic

June 13 2007 at 11:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Josh

Triumph is the best ever. So so funny.

June 13 2007 at 10:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

There are very, very few things funnier than Triumph.

June 13 2007 at 9:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply