October 23, 2014

Elvira reality show finally gets a premiere date

by Anna Johns, posted Jun 15th 2007 1:00PM
elviraIt was more than a year ago that Bob told you about a reality show that Elvira, a.k.a. "Mistress of the Dark", would be starring in. Fox just gave it the green light and ordered 13 episodes, to begin airing on October 13th, with the live finale on Halloween night.

The idea behind this series is that the real Elvira (Cassandra Peterson) is searching for a double-- someone who can make public appearances and represent her. She's still in pretty high demand, with her manager claiming that she gets requests for "hundreds" of public appearances each year. Good for her, I say, for successfully sustaining the same character since the 1980s.

All Elvira wanna-bes can audition for the show on July 13th at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California.

Ms J

I AM READY TO GO TO WORK AS ELVIRA look~a~like!!!

September 10 2007 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ms J

I was Allura . . . A.K.A. Elvira's cousin. Too bad I missed the deadline for tryouts, I had NO idea they were looking.
My new husband saw my old home made video... his comment was that I was a very close double and could do the job filling in for her. I guess I will just have to be his private. . . "Mistress of the Dark" unless they will be taking more auditions for the show?!?!

September 10 2007 at 11:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nate

Don't forget that it's in the chaos that is Fox's schedule during the MLB playoffs and World Series, so that's probably why they're running all the episodes during that time, so they don't have to pre-empt anything beyond a 'Til Death rerun like last year.

June 16 2007 at 1:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david

13 episodes to run in between October 13th and October 31st? 13 episodes in 18 days??

June 15 2007 at 3:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david

wooHOO!!! televised cleavage contest

June 15 2007 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony Redman

I think you have a typo there. Second paragraph, third line, last word. I think you mean "public".

On second thought, maybe you don't...!

June 15 2007 at 1:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply