July 25, 2014

Bob Barker sort-of endorses Rosie as host of Price is Right

by Anna Johns, posted Jun 16th 2007 12:15PM
bob barkerYesterday was a big day for Bob Barker, now the former host of The Price is Right. His final episode of The Price is Right aired in primetime, just before he won a Daytime Emmy for Best Game Show Host. After the Emmys, Barker spoke to the press about what the future holds for his beloved game show.

Barker said that Rosie O'Donnell is in talks to take his place as host. And he gave her a little boost, saying, "There's no doubt in my mind she could do the show. Now, whether they want a lady host, I don't know." So far, the producers have only auditioned men. The top male contenders are said to be Todd Newton of E!, Mark Steines of Entertainment Tonight, George Hamilton and John O'Hurley.

I'm not so sure about Rosie (TV Squadder Paul is absolutely against it!). She has a wicked side to her that she would have to suppress on The Price is Right, which may make her seem disingenuous.

Chris Poole

I think definetly, Tom Bergeron was the man for The Price is Right! I like Drew Carey, but I would rather see him on Whose Line is it Anyway or this new show The Power of 10. I don`t think tpir is really a good job for Drew. Although absolutely nobody can replace Bob Barker, because there`s only one of a kind, I really could only honestly say the only secondary for Bob`s job is Tom Bergeron! And it`s my prayer that maybe Drew won`t like The Price is Right and quit the first season and they can get after Tom! Let`s make a plan to get after Tom for tpir fall Season 2008! Who`s with me?

August 25 2007 at 12:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donald L.BedwellJr

I would never have watched another Price is Right had you replaced class with trash such as Rosie O'Donnell...and just think of the poor Barkers Beauties....it'd be like a rooster in a hen house with her...You did the most fantastic thing by selecting Drew Cary...I saw him a couple of times on tv and thought he's got a lot of character...for once big business listened to the watching public.....I really think that the choice you made is the best one even though I hadn't thought of him as a replacement....I'm almost 65 years old and have watched The show since it started as truth or conqunces and I'll continue to be a faithful watcher...Thans for making my day......

August 10 2007 at 2:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
julie friedewald

I have idolized Bob Barker for 3 decades, and then
he "burst my balloon" by saying that he would consider
his friend Rosie qualified as a replacement. His friend?
She is a left wing extremist, who has said horrible things
about our country and Christianity. What does this say
about him and his values? I am so saddened to see this
side of Bob; he's always been right up there with Johnny
Carson in the "class" department, and to say that this
trashy, vulgar person is not only his friend, but that he
thinks she would be a good host, is stunning to me.

June 27 2007 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

Our family will not watch Rosie because I do not care for her opinions. The show (The Price is Right) is for fun not views for or against name bashing, or a party being right or left. The are lots of talented people to do this job. Do not hire Rosie for this show.

June 20 2007 at 2:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

This is a favorite show in our family. If Rosie gets the job as host our family will stop watching it in a New York minute. She has too many issues she wants to express and that is not what the show is about at all.

June 20 2007 at 9:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brenda

You have got to be kidding me! Why do they insist on shoving Rosie down our throats?! I would definitely never watch TPIR ever again if she hosts it. People don't like her like they used to--maybe a handful still do. The poll for who would make the worst replacement for Bob Barker listed her as first with 72% of the votes. We do not want her anywhere!!!

June 20 2007 at 8:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Don Trautman

I,m sorry Bob, but I will never again watch "The Price is right" if you endorse Rosie as your successor. I have watched for your entire career. Rosie is just too controversial.

June 18 2007 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

I think Bob was just being polite when asked about Rosie.

Bottom line: Would you replace someone who just gave you 35 years with someone who might leave in six months?

June 17 2007 at 12:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dorothy Cantrell

TPIR has been Bob Barker's show so many years, why not retire it with him? Perhaps a similar show might be formed. I don't believe I'll watch it now. It just wont be the same. Definitely will not if Rosie O'Donnell is host.

June 17 2007 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Rosie has only done one good thing in her career: "A League of Their Own". My vote goes for Todd or John.

June 17 2007 at 9:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply