July 28, 2014

Storm Large releases a new CD

by Anna Johns, posted Jun 20th 2007 6:37PM
storm largeSo. I saw Rock Star contestant Storm Large in a coffee shop yesterday morning and nearly started hyperventilating. (It's a super small coffee shop and I didn't have the balls to ask for a photo) You see, I have had a bit of a girl crush on her since I saw her perform live last year. Anyway, she was dropping off her new CD to her friend behind the counter.

I went online and found it and here it is. You can preview the tracks on CD Baby and on her MySpace page (Warning: "Ladylike" is profane, but also awesome). This new album is the first in a pair of CDs she's releasing, called Side One and Side Two. Side One, which came out earlier this month, was recorded with the house band from Rock Star. She's touring it with her band, The Balls, starting tonight in Seattle. Besides hits such as "Ladylike" and "Beautiful", it also includes a cover of the Pixies' "Where Is My Mind". Side Two comes out early next year.

ryanknapper

Crap, I misspelt her name. I must now prepare for smiting.

/smitten

June 21 2007 at 5:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ryanknapper

Alright, alright! I bought it! Between Anna and April Bær on the radio I think Portland is about to gain it's very own living Goddess.
Kneel before Store, lest ye be lame.

June 21 2007 at 5:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YouFaceTheTick

No idea who she is but egad she's hot.

June 21 2007 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stu

Boy,

I saw her at Palio Cafe in Portland, OR.

-Anna

June 20 2007 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

p.s. sans Tommy Lee please.

June 20 2007 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

Sigh. I miss Rockstar. I had my Ipod on shuffle the other day and the Jordis Unga version of the man who sold the world came on. That show was so great. any chance of another season?

June 20 2007 at 9:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
A Boy Named Mole

Where did you see her, spill the beans

June 20 2007 at 7:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Josh

I really want that! It's hard to pay $15 for a 7-track CD though.

June 20 2007 at 7:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PAB

Girl Crush? Me too! This woman exudes sex from every pore. Love the voice too.

June 20 2007 at 7:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply