August 22, 2014

And today's campaign to save a show is for ... The Class

by Richard Keller, posted Jun 21st 2007 10:30AM

Send your erasers and Skittles in to try and renew The ClassWell, I posted information on the campaign to keep Traveler on the air, as well as the send-in project to get Katharine McPhee back into the good graces of American Idol next season, so why the hell not post information on a new petition. I mean, its summer . . . what else to I have to do anyway?

Today's campaign is to renew the CBS comedy The Class. According to the campaign's very plain and easy-to-read website most people have been mailing in erasers and/or Moroccan Chicken recipes to CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler and Executive VP of Programming Kelly Kahl. They have also been sending in packs of Skittles because of a line mentioned by one of the characters ('I ate so many Skittles I peed the rainbow').

Erasers and Skittles are okay, but I think the fans are missing the thing that will turn this campaign around. Think about it: the show was about a reunion of 3rd grade classmates. Wouldn't it be better to send copies of yearbooks to these executives instead? Give it a shot and see if it works.

DanGarion

I'm confused, I thought the class was originally picked up for a second season. In fact I thought I read that on here back when episodes were still airing... WTF?

June 23 2007 at 6:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Buddy

I think "The Class" was getting stronger each week. I didn't care for the show in the beginning, but it got better as it went on. Richie and his wheelchair girlfriend Lina were becoming breakout characters. This show and cast deserved a second chance. Come on CBS, give "The Class" a midseason order. (Most likely it's too late, since the cast and crew have moved on)

June 22 2007 at 3:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brian.stuart

Good thing they didn't cancel "How I Met Your Mother". They'd probably be getting mailed 6-packs of beer.

On second thought, I better not give them a reason to cancel "How I Met Your Mother".

June 21 2007 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

I loved The Class. Very funny show. I also love Christine. That's even funnier. The show that should be cancelled is How I Met Your Mother.

June 21 2007 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sooner

Another good idea is to send in "Chocolate Gorillas" recipes...

June 21 2007 at 4:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
foche

I think the show was really starting to hit its stride. There were two fantastic characters (Kat and Richie) to build around and it was headed in a good direction. Yeah, the premise was stupid, but once they moved past it and tried to turn it into "Friends: Philadelphia," I was sure it would beat out David Spade, Puddy, and that guy who played Joey's bartender boyfriend in Dawson's Creek. Oh well

June 21 2007 at 1:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
charles

"The Class" became decent once it became a bit more focused. Perhaps it deserved a bit more time to find its footing. However, I'm not sure it merits an intense campaign to get back on the air.

Is it just me, or did this season generate more-than-a-normal number of these campaigns, am I just more aware of it, or did "Jerico" fuel those who were marginal? If it is because of "Jerico," then I hope no others work. If it really is higher than average, how is it that the networks are so off the mark?

June 21 2007 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff N.

Christine is actually funny. CBS did the right thing in cancelling The Class. It just wasn't that good.

June 21 2007 at 12:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iamhoff

I also couldn't believe that Christine was spared and The Class was cancelled. Didn't The Class win an award for Best New Comedy or something? Stupid.

June 21 2007 at 12:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Why not penzils!!!!!! I mean o mi gawd!!!! This soooooooooooo is gonig to work!!!!

The show sucked, move on.

June 21 2007 at 11:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply