December 20, 2014

Is NBC going to pay Paris $1 million for an interview?

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 21st 2007 2:41PM

Paris HiltonFirst they paid $2.5 million for a sit-down with Prince William and Prince Harry (not to them but to a charity), and now The New York Post is reporting that NBC is going to pay $1 million to Paris Hilton for her first interview when she gets out of jail (not to a charity, to her).

In a funny twist, former View co-hosts Barbara Walters and Meredith Vieira were trying to get the interview. Walter's almost got it until Jeff Zucker called Paris' dad. Vieira will conduct the interview (Hilton doesn't like Matt Lauer, supposedly) the day after Hilton is released from jail.

Vieira will probably do the interview for The Today Show, but NBC will also put some of it on Dateline, some on MSNBC, some on the web. So you won't be able to escape it.

mlaurel

I think my sister in law is much more interesting than Paris

[img]http://media.twango.com/m1/medium/0001/404e4f5fe9d64c849a50cd01b78ef5b1.jpg[/img]

July 06 2007 at 1:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mlaurel

I think my sister in law is much more interesting than Paris

July 06 2007 at 1:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paris Cougar Hilton

This is so weak. This bitch gets busted, whales like a spoiled child in court, then acts like she gained some spiritual wisdom from a few days in time out!

I work my ass off every day... I wish I could take a few weeks off and sit in a protected cell with special security detail, and 3 squares and a cot. Damn, I'd love to catch up on my reading.

I'm just waiting, and praying for the day when Paris either gets fat, gets in a gnarly drunk driving accident which leaves her with some nasty facial scars. Otherwise, I'll have to simply wait for the inevitable day when Paris Hilton gets old and starts cougar'ing young boys who grin and bear it for her money.

Can we please just stop paying attention to Paris Hilton... please... unless of course she's blowing a monkey or having sex with a donkey... because we all know American society just couldn't handle missing out on that one. And NBC would probably pay about $3 MM for the video hoping to recoup the cost with a widely publicized PPV event. Not to worry... just wait for it to get leaked to Youtube.

June 22 2007 at 1:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeannie

I can't believe that they are going to do this. Who cares what she did in jail. Who cares what she does at all. They should not interview her at all, and definately not pay a million dollars to her. If anything they should donate the funds to families the lost loved on in dui related deaths, or drug rehab facilities. If they do this I will never watch the today show again, it is my usual morning tv program. But when I heard that yesterday I was very upset with them.

June 22 2007 at 6:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tv junkie

i feel bad to the people that lost their jobs (John Siegenthaler, Stone Phillips, etc.) over at NBC because GE is cutting their budget, yet they still came up with the cash to pay the one person in this world that doesn't need it.

June 21 2007 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jack

Wasn't there a time, maybe as recent as five or ten years ago, when a network news organization would have been offended if someone suggested they had paid for an interview? Now it's like Paris put herself on ebay and let the "news"whores start bidding publicly.

June 21 2007 at 7:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Margaret Calvert

I agree with so many of these comments. I wish society would just ignore Paris so she would go away. Why is this person news, anyway?
What does she do, besides n-o-t-h-i-n-g!! If someone is stupid enough to pay a million dollars to talk to her, they are brain dead. What a total waste of money. It's a very sad commentary on today's society that someone like Paris is news of any kind. It's not her fault that she's a celebrity - it's the fault of the collective society that keeps clammering for news about her. I am not one who gives a rat's ass about Paris. I have important things to think about like my job, my family, world issues that affect the entire planet, and geez - my cat is more important than Paris!! It sickens me to think there are young girls who actually look up to her. For what? What values are there to aspire to? She drove drunk. Since when is this okay?? People who defend her for this are totally out of it - too young or too irresponsible to know much about life. Just my humble opinion, of course.

June 21 2007 at 5:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
matriculated

Only idiots would pay $1M to hear Paris speak - so, yeah, they will do it.

June 21 2007 at 5:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kristin

Yes, let's go ahead and give more money to this idiot while the rest of us actually follow the laws and work hard all day. Vomit. There's some good advice to Paris about the interview here: http://www.unboundedition.com/content/view/1021/50/

June 21 2007 at 4:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
declan moffit

u little fuckers (NBC) what in the name jesus r u givin her money for i ask u give her a good kick up the hole is what she needs for a shitty interview were she,ll end up sobing about how it change her bal bal etc ect then she,ll do what she normally does go out and party with the money. and it goes to should just how stupid the usa is to the outside world and this case just nails the case even harder cop on for god sake she nothing she show bit of skin every now and then so what GET OVER IT FUCK SAKES!!! she went to jail because of drink driving right she thought u could still drive after be cought very sad sad indeed bleam some1 else

June 21 2007 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply