April 19, 2014

Goodbye Creature Comforts

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 22nd 2007 8:19PM

Creature ComfortsDid you get attached to the cute animation and humor of the new CBS summer series Creature Comforts? Sorry!

The network has pulled the summer series effective immediately. The most recent episode came in fourth place in its time slot. It will be replaced Monday at 8pm with reruns of The New Adventures of Old Christine.

No word on whether or not they'll show the other episodes online, but you can go to the CBS site and watch previous episodes, read the show's blog, check out other info, and remember what used to be (for now anyway). This show - a summer replacement - must have really been a disappointment to the network for it to be pulled so quickly.

[via BuzzSugar]

Andrew

I hate it when the good shows are taken off the air, I enjoyed the series 'Creature Comforts' when it aired on CBS. I don't even like 'The New Adventures Of Old Christine'

thanks

July 17 2007 at 12:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edwin

To all the people that didn't like Creature Comforts... what a sad "ignorant bliss" life you must lead. I would bet that these people have been given most everything in their lives. I guess these same people hang desperately on to view the next Paris Hilton situation. Creature Comforts is "Low brow" humour one person says? Indeed.

This is one of the bright spots that existed for such a short while in a sea of mind numbing television. I hope someone else picks it up. This show IS laugh out loud funny. It is hilarious. I laughed out loud at every episode. There is no other show on network television that can do this - except "The Office".

I appreciate tha amount of work and detail that goes into producing such a show. Not to mention intelligence (something the average American doesn't possess evidently).

What a shame that CBS has given up so quickly. I might be inclined to do the same concerning them. DOWN WITH CBS!

July 03 2007 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Woodge

I loved this show -- one of the very few that I actually watched. So I'm not surprised that it was yanked, the lowest common denominator of vapid entertainment always wins out. Soon I won't be watching any TV at all. I'll have to look for Creature Comforts on DVD.

July 02 2007 at 8:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

I guess since it is done along the same line as British comedy, you either get it, or you don't. And for Americans, it takes us a while to warm up to something so different comedy-wise.

June 28 2007 at 5:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BrentPA

Creature Comforts was the perfect summer replacement show. It wasn't up to long term viewing but it was so clever in its animation of real conversation. So-called reality shows never have dialogue this real. By having friends and couples respond together it really showed our humanity more clearly. The little background gags really made the show a treat. I hope it will be available on DVD.

June 26 2007 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Betty

I can't believe that CBS pulled a show as sophisticated, artistically creative and witty as "Creature Comforts". I suppose it just illustrates how CBS has joined the current trend to "dumb-down" America through its programming or, in this case, lack of. The show is a commentary on the thought processes and perceptions of everyday people. Aardman uses his artistic techniques to further reveal the poignancy of the various conversations, much as a novelist, song-writer or even a stand-up comic uses everyday interactions and personal experiences to drive a point across. It sickens me to think that "Creature Comforts" could be replaced with another inane sitcom or, worse yet, reality show (talk about degrading!). All the more reason to sign up with Netflicks....

June 26 2007 at 12:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
john lyon

This was the first television show of any type that I arranged my schedual too see. It was brilliant. The New
Adventures of a Tired Hack is truly offensive trash. Any
one associated with it should be thrown off TV and actually out of the country except this is the only country
that tollerates such drival .

June 26 2007 at 12:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
inez

If channel 3, CBS can not deal with the humor, playfulness and sardonic humor of these wonderful creatures then give it to WHYY where the audience can appreciate these creative images, fun and wonderful humor of these marvelous persons. It is a shame and a sin that it is not on any longer. This speaks to our T.V. audience and their tastelessness and intellect.

June 25 2007 at 11:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MsT

My husband turned me to this show. I loved it. Very smart! Very cute!! Lots of charm and intellect. I will miss it.

June 25 2007 at 9:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
greg

i guess im one of the few who found the show different and interesting enough to make time to watch and tivo it. i also find wallace an Gromet claymation movies and that stuff cool and interesting as well. too bad people need to stop watching that fake reality stuff and watch actually good tv again

June 25 2007 at 9:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply