December 19, 2014

Subtle Subtitles

by Keith McDuffee, posted Jun 22nd 2007 12:03PM
Welcome to Subtle Subtitles. For those of you who are uninitiated to the purpose of this feature, we're asking you to come up with your funniest quote or description for what's going on in the screen grab we choose for the week. Winners are announced in the following Friday's contest.

1st place to MJBF:
sopranos finale spoof

2nd place to Avi Forstein: "Helen Keller watches the series finale of The Sopranos."
3rd place to Elf: "It's just a freaking metaphor, all right?" were Soprano's creator David Chase's last words, referring to the controversial final scene of his HBO series shown here, before he was beaten to death by a rowdy mob of dissatisfied television critics.
This week, a scene from Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip:

studio 60 subtle subtitles

Chris Wyant

Could I BE any more bored?

or

After his long battle with booze and pills, Matthew Perry took to self-administering acupuncture.

June 28 2007 at 10:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brother numsi

I just found out that answering "C" for every question doesn't get you a passing grade.

June 25 2007 at 11:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TheJangle

Dammit... I thought Aaron Sorkin was a sure thing. Even Joey lasted two friggen seasons!

June 25 2007 at 8:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jmalcolm

Guess what? I found out that if I press right here really hard with a pencil, I don't hear Sorkin yelling that he is going to personally bring down Christianity. Cool huh?

June 25 2007 at 6:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kin

Now to tighten up that screw in my head... then to hunt down the genius who thought it was a brilliant idea to make a screwdriver look like a pencil.

June 25 2007 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brian walls

Moments later the screen goes black, ending the series.

June 25 2007 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
piano man

What lead me to this?

June 24 2007 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

Maybe Matt LeBlanc can get me a job at the Applebees he works at.

or.

Botox: The only way to not have a facial expression of annoyance when talking to Harriet Hays.

or.

If the point didn't keep breaking I would have killed myself by now and be done with this crappy show.

June 24 2007 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

For my next trick, I am going to push this pencil through my skull and pull it out of my left ear.

June 23 2007 at 7:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Mc

If I have to do one more "walk and talk..."

June 23 2007 at 12:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply