September 17, 2014

Traveler creator has the scoop on show's chances

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 22nd 2007 2:04PM

TravelerTraveler is a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Sure, the premise looked intriguing and I'm a sucker for conspiracy/good guys on the run shows, but I had this feeling that ABC pushed it to the summer for a reason and it might be one of those shows that worked better as a long miniseries than a multi-season thing.

But it's quite good, and if they can find a way to continue it that would be great (hey, Richard Kimble was on the run for several seasons). Creator David DiGilio has posted a note at the IMDB thanking fans for watching the show and giving a few hints on how you can let ABC know you want the show renewed.

DiGilio is also keeping a blog at TV Guide where he answers a lot of questions from viewers.

[thanks to Savan for the tip]

Leigh Clark

I really liked the show and wish it could be saved. I found it as exciting as 24. It seemed like it didn't have much a chance being introduced in the summer. I'm very tired of getting hooked on shows that don't make it (another one was The Class). So add me to the list of save the show.

Leigh Clark, 41, Murfreesboro, TN

July 31 2007 at 8:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
M Forsyth

The show is GREAT and we are really enjoying watching it and telling everyone we know about it! Please don't leave us hanging - we want to see more episodes!!!

July 11 2007 at 11:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred

I agree that the show is better than I expected and it would have been just perfect to have a full 13 episode arc with a fulfilling conclusion by the end. It would also go a long way to restoring my faith in broadcast television in a day when I'm hesitant to watch anything new for so many reasons.

June 23 2007 at 12:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff N.

We (my wife and I) have really enjoyed the show this summer. I wish ABC had let them film the whole 13 episode run.

June 22 2007 at 5:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alex

I think the show is OK, especially because most of the premier shows are on summer hiatus now. Unfortunately in Traveler the acting quality is mediocre at best and sometime the story line seems far-fetched.

June 22 2007 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply