September 2, 2014

How the Sopranos really ended - VIDEO

by Adam Finley, posted Jun 24th 2007 3:43PM

sopranos spoofI know, I know, everyone and their mother's dog has commented on the final scene of the final episode of The Sopranos, made their little jokes, had their fun, and now we all want to move on.

Well, tough, because this video is really funny.

It comes from comedian/actors Phillip Wilburn and Artemis Pebdani, who play the couple in the booth next to Tony and his family in the final scene. Was Tony killed by one of his enemies, or did he unwittingly upset a couple who just wanted their damn onion rings?

I'm not going to talk about the video too much, because I don't want to spoil anything, but I will say I was impressed with how well they spliced together the new scenes with the shots from the actual TV show. That seamlessness makes it even more funny.

Video is after the jump.

Pete

Am I the only one hearing NO dialogue and only the sound of Paul Young's "Every time you go (away)"...?

June 25 2007 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ari

June 25 2007 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vince

Hey, it could have been funny.

But it was too slow in the build up. Would have rather seen the 'members only' jacket guy's viewpoint about what he was doing there and going to the toilet, etc.

June 25 2007 at 11:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
const

I'm with Collin. That was more annoying than amusing. Thanks for wasting 3:40 that I won't be able to get back.

June 25 2007 at 9:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mb

Not amusing. Not funny. Not anything.

It was a cute attempt at an amateur video (someone obviously got a new Mac last week), but it was pale and lifeless. The script went on and on, and the two actors were overdoing their lines because someone told them they'd be funny if they did this spoof.

Shame on you, Adam Finley, for introducing this kind of crap. Why waste TV Squad whitespace for this? Lame.

June 24 2007 at 11:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bmellin

I'm definitely not cool. Why else would I looking at this blog on a Sunday afternoon? In any case, no, I'm not the Mark Chapman of 80s hair bands. I simply want to see if he has a lifetime supply of helium in his basement or if his voice is simply that Alvin-and-the-Chipmunkish annoying without any chemical enhancement. I think that to end the Sopranos with that song is Chase's most perverse act during the series.

June 24 2007 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jerry

Yeah, I know where Steve Perry lives. Why? You going to go kill him or something? Wow, that's a pretty bold move, but I guess you're probably cool or something, huh?

Well, I'm off to go and commit sinful acts while looking pictures of Al Gore & Jon Stewart.

June 24 2007 at 5:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary

amusing

June 24 2007 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bmellin

. . . just when I'd finally managed to forget about that damned song! Anybody out there know where Steve Perry lives?

June 24 2007 at 4:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply