October 31, 2014

Rosie out of the running for Price Is Right gig

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 25th 2007 2:01PM

RosieRosie O'Donnell has answered the prayers of many longtime Price Is Right fans: she has taken herself out of the running for the hosting job.

Of course, no one officially offered her the job, but she did meet with the show's producers for lunch last week. She would love to host the show, but as she says on her latest video blog, she doesn't want to uproot her family and move out to L.A., where the show is taped. She knows that a lot of people would, but she doesn't need the money and would rather take on projects that would keep her in New York.

So now we're down to only 47 other people who could host.

[via TV Tattle]

Jason

Now there may be hope for Jon O'Hurley after all!

June 27 2007 at 4:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MIke

Greatest... news... ever

June 26 2007 at 7:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darren

That would have been a HUGE mistake to hire her. I liked her talk show, but she is not right for TPIR

June 25 2007 at 6:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CMart

First off: I am very glad that Rosie is no longer being considered. Not that I don't like her (and I don't like her), but it would have driven many loyal watchers -- those who know of her very superficially from what they have seen or heard lately in the news -- away; also, the press would be all over her, waiting for her to stumble to any degree. I don't think anyone would choose to be under such a microscope.

Second: From what I recall, I don't even think there is a way Rosie could even host the Tonight Show once Jay Leno leaves; I seem to recall that when Conan O'Brien signed his recent contract, he was guaranteed to host the tonight show after Jay Leno leaves

Then again, anyone who recalls the whole David Letterman fiasco knows that that isn't necessarily etched in stone -- even when it IS etched in stone :)

June 25 2007 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

They could always move the location of the show to NYC. It's not like The Tonight Show watchers will ever notice.

June 25 2007 at 4:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

Well, I guess the idea of Rosie replacing Jay Leno as host of the Tonight Show is out too, since that show is also taped here in Los Angeles.

June 25 2007 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KMF

Yippee!!

June 25 2007 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

The following was on Foxnews.com which was linked from an article on Huffingtonpost.com:
I'm told the they made her a substantial offer, but that the location of the show — Los Angeles — was the deal-breaker. Just as I predicted, Rosie will not move from New York. She's set here, and in Miami. So that's it. No amount of money can change it.

June 25 2007 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

The heavens are shining down on us today.

And I think this whole Rosie thing is a trick. Now whoever is hired, even if they are bad, will look good because Rosie isn't hosting.

June 25 2007 at 2:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply