November 1, 2014

Stump the King - Bosom Buddies

by Paul Goebel, posted Jun 25th 2007 2:22PM

The cast of Bosom BuddiesBefore we get to this week's question, I want to respond to a number of comments I have received regarding my post about Rosie O'Donnell hosting The Price is Right.

There seems to be some confusion over what the term "OpEd" means. Well, let's concentrate on the Op part. Op is short for opinion. That's what I and many bloggers like myself express in our pieces, our opinions. As a fan of TPiR, I would be very upset to see Rosie hosting, mainly because I am not a fan of hers. I don't find her funny or entertaining. Aside from the fact that she bores me to tears, I have nothing against her.

Many of the comments point out that my bias against Rosie is rooted in my opinions about homosexuals. If you take the time to read my post, you'll see that this is not true. I took great care to avoid citing Rosie's sexual preference as a reason she was an unfit host as it makes no difference to the show or me.

My last word on the subject is about Bob Barker's comments. Many know-it-alls tried to convince me that Bob, himself, "endorsed" Rosie for the job. I, in turn, responded to them by giving them the definition of an endorsement and telling them they were wrong, all to no avail. Well, as we have all seen, Bob has publicly stated the he has NOT endorsed Rosie or anyone else. So, before I close the book on this subject, let me leave you with a word of advice...When you doubt the King, you doubt yourself.

(Editor's note: we've since found out that Rosie is out of the running for the TPiR job.)

Now for this week's question...

On Bosom Buddies, in what city was Sonny born?

It almost took an hour but still, Marshall Maresca was able to come up with the correct answer of Kalamazoo, MI.

Dawn50

BTW, Paul, never confuse anger with pity, plus a healthy dose of bemusement.

Also, if you come across these "angry, equivocating" women, re-read your own words. That ought to tell you something.

Your "musings" should be good for at least that much.

P.S. Richly deserved sarcasm, not anger, Paul.

June 26 2007 at 9:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dawn50

I have not met one white heterosexual male who approves of Rosie. Why should Paul's tiresome assessment be any different than theirs?

I really hope that this is the last annoying piece Paul does on Rosie. The endless attempt to stir the pot so that he can bolster his own dislike via the brainless and barely literal mutterings that clog the comments page prove one thing about Paul: mediocrity seeks its own level.

June 26 2007 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Elias

Omaha...

June 25 2007 at 10:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bubbawest

For what it's worth, doggy style is a sexual "preference". Homosexuality is an orientation.

June 25 2007 at 4:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

Jim's right...
OpEd stands for Opposite Editorial.

Nice try though.

June 25 2007 at 3:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KMF

Wow yeah I totally didn't know this answer and i loved Bosom Buddies! I think it was another one of those shows I watched in my very early developing childhood years which has warped me in a loveable way, to be sure!

I agree with your opinion on Rosie, it's got nothing to do with her being gay, and you're right, no one I've read who's against her for TPiR has actually brought up that either. Gay, straight whatever, I just don't like her. She's got a mean streak a mile long which is a huge turn off.

June 25 2007 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marshall Maresca

Kalamazoo, MI

June 25 2007 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Actually Paul the "Op-" in "Op-Ed" stands for "opposite." That's because the page devoted to individual columnists, guest essayists, and letters to the editor resides opposite (across the fold from) the editorial page, where the paper's own editorial board publishes its opinions.

Your point is still valid, though.

June 25 2007 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply