April 19, 2014

TV Squad on the sets of Battlestar Galactica, Eureka, Stargate Atlantis and more!

by Keith McDuffee, posted Jun 25th 2007 4:40PM
sci fiI've been sitting on announcing this for over a month now, since there's all sorts of things that could go wrong and, well, plans can change. But now that I'm finally here I can let you in on what's going on. I'm flying clear across the country for a very good cause -- to visit the sets of Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Atlantis, Eureka and Flash Gordon, complete with Q&A's with some of the cast and crew. Oh, and I hear we're going to see a little bit of that Wizard Of Oz reimagining, Tin Man, while we're at it.

Stay tuned here at TV Squad for more updates as soon as I'm able to get online and throw something at you. I start out bright and early tomorrow morning, so if you've got any questions you'd like to ask folks involved with any of the above mentioned shows, fire away in the comments below. I'm hoping I'll be able to shoot some updates via our Twitter account, too, so be sure to check that out to see what I'm up to for the next few days, or you can follow the tiny widget after the jump in this post. Needless to say, I'm pretty frack'n pumped!

TJ

Akbar Fazil,

The Save Carson Campaign is far from 'dead'. Getting him back on the show was only the first hurdle, the campaign has ALWAYS been about getting Paul McGillion aka Dr Carson Beckett back FULL TIME. So far he has a 2-parter in the latter half of season 4, we want him back permanently as a full time regular again and believe me, far from being dead we just go from strength to strength including todays huge presence at the Comic Con Stargate panels. Thousands of fans, waving fags, wearing hats and even a piper....

'Save Carson' is alive and kicking and will be until we achieve our ultimate goal.

July 27 2007 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bsgfan2003

BSG

For Tricia:
Was it purposeful that Caprica Six is kept in the same hoochie top? Will they give her other clothes to wear this season?

June 26 2007 at 5:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bsgfan2003

More BSG questions:

For Katee: Was Starbuck especially compelled to run Roslin's errand back to Caprica because of Roslin's cancer? (Starbuck's mom had cancer too.) Since her mama drama is over will she be able to fight with Roslin over who gets to lead them to earth?

For Grace: Will Athena face off with Boomer again? Is it my imagination or is Boomer getting more bitter and resentful, she can't have liked getting her neck snapped by Caprica Six, I don't think her disposition will have improved since then.

For Michael Hogan (Tigh)- Tigh is so much fun to watch, he's either balls on accurate or he's completely frakked up. Has he been a joy to play?

June 26 2007 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

Will the Dresden Files be returning for a second season?

What is the status of the new series Stargate Universe?

Will Michael Shanks be involved with either Stargate Atlantis or the new Stargate Universe?

When will we know if Stargate Atlantis will get a fifth season?

June 26 2007 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bsgfan2003

BSG Rocks,
What interview do you refer to? I would like to check it out!

June 26 2007 at 10:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BSGrocks

Questions for the BSG cast:

For Mary McDonnell: does she think Roslin is the dying leader? (or is it Baltar, Adama, Starbuck etc.?) Does she think Roslin has to die to maintain the integrity of her character or does she hope that Roslin has a future that isn't dictated completely by the prophecy? Now that Roslin's cancer is back, does that make Laura more willing or less willing to explore her feelings for Adama? Will we see more of her post-trial relationship with Lee this year?

For everyone: How would they react to the idea of being the 5th cylon and what purpose do they think the 5th cylon would serve?

From a recent Katee interview, seems like an established character has already been killed in episodes they have filmed. See if you can find out who it is!

Thanks!

June 26 2007 at 9:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bsgfan2003

Questions for BSG cast:

For Katee- Will her relationship with Lee get back on track right away or will we have to wait til the last scene of the last show, in the view of an earth sunset?

For Mr. Olmos- (Please tell him first that I was so moved when I saw him speaking on Larry King the other night, and I said to myself, "That's a MAN." Even if I don't agree on all fronts, he is definitely someone to listen to.)
Please ask him if his friendship changes with Tigh when he learns that Tigh is a cylon.

For James Callis- Will we see Baltar become less self centered as he starts down the path of the red robed prophet?

for Aaron Douglas (Chief)- Is that crazy cylon hating wife going to try to kill your baby when she finds out her baby is half cylon?

Thanks for much for passing these questions on!!!!
What a great service you are providing!

June 25 2007 at 10:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kink

How you managed to keep that under your hat I'll never fathom Keith. Needless to say, as a Battlestar fan I'm endlessly jealous. I won't begrudge it of you though if you savor all that quality time, I mean you'll be in the company of greatness ;)

A question I'd love to see answered would be posed to James Callis (actually an question posed to James is worth it's weigh as James is such a thought man) and that is: How does he envision Baltars path in this final year, specifically if thinks he'll see Earth and what will become of his relationship with 6? -- okay thats 3 three questions but I'm just compensating for the paltry lack of other comments.

June 25 2007 at 9:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nikki

Regarding Battletstar...what was the cast's reaction to the news of this being the final season...especially Michael Trucco's if possible and if he has any plans for after the series is finished.

Thanks so much!

June 25 2007 at 7:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

Susan Malcom,

Seriously. The Save Carson campaign is dead. They did their job and Carson is being brought back in season 4.

Bash,
I doubt your questions to/about Tapping will get much of an answer. Most of them are to be answered in a "you need to wait and watch the show" kind of thinking. Also, past a year doesnt mean much since Atlantis has no idea if they are getting a 5th season or if there will be more than the upcoming 2 SG1 movies.
As for the lack of "ending" in the final episode, did you think the last episode of Star Trek TNG wasn't much of an ending either?

June 25 2007 at 6:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply