April 17, 2014

The ladies love Fred Thompson

by Adam Finley, posted Jun 26th 2007 4:02PM

fred thompsonLaw & Order actor and former senator Fred Thompson hasn't officially announced he's running for president, but based on opinion polls, people seem to like him.

The man who played D.A. Arthur Branch on the Law and Order franchise is also being endorsed by his ex-wife and former girlfriends.

Lorrie Morgan, a country music singer whom Fred dated, said, "women love a soft place to lay and a strong pair of hands to hold us."

First of all, I think it's great that Freddy Fred knows how to treat a lady. I'm someone who could use a few lessons in treating women right, since the last two I dated got loose from their chains, ran into the road, and were both hit by a garbage truck. Also, you have to feed them every day, which is sometimes easy to forget.

I was going to suggest that being a cuddly teddy bear of a man doesn't make you capable of leading the country, but perhaps I'm wrong. Maybe Thompson could win by simply looking into the camera and addressing all the women in the country:

Hello, ladies. My name is Fred, and I'm gonna be there for you night and day. When the terrorist come knock knock knockin' at the door, you just crawl into my arms, close your eyes, and I'll make you forget all about your troubles. Fragrant bathbeads and diamond rings for all the ladies, that's my promise. Ah yeah.

Then he steps from behind the lectern and does a little soft shoe to a Barry White ballad. The next day, he's leading the free world.

jmalcolm

Let's see how he holds up under scrutiny. When someone asks him how he will respond to a national crisis and he says "well I will go to makeup and see what the script says is the next scene." Then we know we have a great next GW on our hands.

September 06 2007 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed Matthew Nobles

Fred thanks for the instant reply. I want you to introduce me to some of your good ole
girlfriends. You can buy my vote this way.
PS: I had a hard time finding you on the puter-seem the Liberals put up to many Fred Thompsons as President of this and that!
Ed

September 06 2007 at 1:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed Matthew Nobles

Fred the next PRESIDENT of the good ole USA I really admire you. You are a great actor and will be a great President. I never miss watching Law and Order as you do an outstanding job in the series.
Come see me when you come to good oleGawger.
Ed 1 474 5870

September 06 2007 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Roy

Fred may also turn out to be okay for the men.

August 03 2007 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mook

To Alan from 6:32PM:

"Juan McCain"? "pooftah"? "terrorist-sounding name"?

I'm so glad you reminded me that after 1/20/09, we won't have to stomach the fact that those supported by you and your xenophobic, homophobic, racist ilk are in executive power over the greatest nation in the world.

Your calling yourself an American embarrasses me.

June 27 2007 at 10:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric

Alan, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Free Republic and Little Green Footballs represent a 30% of this country. You can forget about a Republican in the WH in the next 8 years. None of these conservatives stand a chance. Huge majority of Americans want us out of Iraq and that's how they'll vote next year, democratic.

June 27 2007 at 12:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric

You do realize this is some old guy. "stron manly armys"? lol. more like some wrinkled arms. this guy is a pervert. so old and married to a wife younger than his daughter.

June 27 2007 at 12:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Myluna

I wouldn't be surprised if people voted for Fred Thompson because he looks like he could be cast as a president. I bet if you showed some people on the street his picture, they might already think he's been president. But what a pathetic reason to pick someone as a leader. Just like not voting for someone because you don't like the way their name sounds is pathetic. Not surprising, but sad all the same.

June 26 2007 at 10:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Last I checked Obama and everyone else running for president was born in the USA. You truely are a dumbass.

June 26 2007 at 8:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alan

Fred Thompson will be the next president. Visit some conservative websites like Free Republic http://www.freerepublic.com or Little Green Footballs http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com to see the enthusiasm for Fred amongst the GOP base. Rudy Giuliani is way too liberal, Juan McCain has burnt his bridges, and evangelicals aren't going to vote for a Mormon like Romney.

Hillary Clinton's negatives are too high, Edwards is a pooftah, and we aren't ready for a candidate from Indonesia with a terrorist-sounding name (Barack Hussein Obama).

June 26 2007 at 5:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply