April 23, 2014

ABC inexplicably brings back According to Jim

by Anna Johns, posted Jun 27th 2007 6:41PM
according to jimAccording to Jim is getting one more season. No, seriously.

TV Guide is reporting that ABC has suddenly renewed the sitcom for another 18 episodes. No word on why. The sitcom wasn't on the network's fall schedule, so everyone presumed it was canceled and ABC Entertainment President even alluded to that possibility.

Did anyone even make a stink about According to Jim not returning? I've heard about a lot of fan efforts to bring back shows, but I'm pretty sure I didn't hear anything about resurrecting According to Jim.

*Apparently Courtney Thorne-Smith is pregnant. Maybe they've decided to add another member to the family.

ncp

It probably got renewed because it's profitable for ABC. It's cheap to make (no huge stars, no big elaborate sets), and turns a profit on ad time because it's a "family show".

And How I Met Your Mother is AWESOME!

July 04 2007 at 2:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ron P

Why can't they just bring back Knights of Prosperity??

July 02 2007 at 9:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keli

David (#5): I'm SO tired of hearing people talk about how we should shut up about Arrested Development and Veronica Mars because they had their chance and NO ONE watched them.

Guess what? A lot of people watched AND loved those shows. Sure, not as many people watched them as say... America's Got Talent. But don't you think that the rest of us deserve tv shows that we like too?

Sorry to be completely off topic, but come on. We can't help it that the majority of America likes to watch crap.

June 28 2007 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

You people are freaks.

How many "husband does dumb thing, wife gets pissed" sitcoms do we need to have?! It's the same bullshit week in and week out. They need to end and they need to end now.

June 28 2007 at 12:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

This show really isn't that bad. I stopped watching it because I'm not home when it airs and I don't do the DVR thing.

Of all the sitcoms on TV, at least this one is watchable.

June 28 2007 at 11:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adrienne

I actually like According to Jim and watch reruns every night while I cook dinner. It's a fun show, and we don't have many of those any more. Also, I love How I Met Your Mother.

June 28 2007 at 9:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mikecanada

It never got cancelled at the upfronts ABC said that it might still come back

June 27 2007 at 10:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Stewart

Actually I prefer George Lopez to According to Jim. I wouldn't mind if George Lopez came back for one more season.

Aside from that I'm in such a state of shock that they would renew shows that really need to die, but cancel awesome shows like Firefly (yeah it's been a while, but come on, it's Firefly) , The Class, and Veronica Mars.

June 27 2007 at 9:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Raydeen

I'm fine with it as long as George Lopez stays dead and gone.

June 27 2007 at 9:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bd

>5. Jim's brother, John -- now, that guy was great. Hey, let's rent "Animal House"!

You, sir, are a winner.