September 18, 2014

Larry King confuses Ringo Starr with George Harrison

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 27th 2007 3:04PM

Larry KingMore ammo for the "Larry King should retire" crowd.

On last night's show, King was interviewing Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, and during the interview, during a segment where they talked about what they were doing when John Lennon was killed, he turned to Starr and asked "George, where were you?" McCartney didn't want to let the matter drop, but Ringo just laughed it off. Harrison, of course, is dead.

I guess it could have been worse. At least he kept the mistake in the same band. He could have called Ringo "Roger Daltrey" or "Keith Richards." I wonder what he'll call Paris Hilton tonight when he interviews her, at 9pm on CNN.

And, yes, I know you all have ideas on what you'd like to call her.

Tigeeno

I bet Larry knows that George isn't really dead.

June 28 2007 at 11:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franklin

Cripes, Larry King in that photo looks like the old dancing guy from the Six Flags ads.

June 28 2007 at 8:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GrumpyOldMan

I are ignorant too....but even I know the difference in Beatles....

June 28 2007 at 7:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phish

someone please bash BASH. if u r ignorant, do not comment!

June 28 2007 at 3:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

Well Bash I could go with Pete Best or Ringo Starr and still be right.

June 27 2007 at 9:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
La-Di-Dah

Here's me in the voting camp of LK should retire. He's getting a little senile before our eyes. I swear everytime I try to watch LKL, he makes some error. And now, I haven't even watched him (trying to extra-avoid him like the plague so I don't have to watch Paris simper on TV) and this happens. Haha. Man needs to retiRE.

June 27 2007 at 8:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jmalcolm

This confirms a theory many of us have held ever since the "walrus" controversy and that is RINGO IS ACTUALLY GEORGE. Sure glad we cleared that up.

June 27 2007 at 7:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Curt

Yes, because you're the pinnacle of knowledge, Bash. If YOU don't know it, how could the rest of us ever have a chance...

people are stupid.

June 27 2007 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

No they don't. Even I don't know who the two other guys next to John Lennon and Paul McCartney from the Beatles are. Don't tell me that in the middle of a night if somebody would wake you up you could name the guy playing drums on the Beatles. I sure as hell don't.

June 27 2007 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jmalcolm

This just proves my theory - RINGO IS REALLY GEORGE! Thanks Larry for getting behind my conspiracy theory.

June 27 2007 at 4:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply