September 3, 2014

Studio 60 complete series coming to DVD this fall

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 27th 2007 11:25AM

Studio 60Just in time for tomorrow's series finale on NBC at 10pm comes this announcement from Warner Home Video that they will release Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - The Complete Series on October 16.

The set will not only include all 22 episodes from it's first and only season, but there will be a new behind the scenes featurette and episode commentaries by creator Aaron Sorkin and director Thomas Schlamme (hopefully cast members will join in too).

This is good news for fans. I still think this show deserves a second season, but it's great that it got one full season to play out the story (and also confuse critics who predicted its immediate cancellation early in the season). The show started off well, had a couple of truly terible episodes in the middle, but has been finishing strongly the past few weeks. I'm going to miss this show. There's nothing else quite llike it on TV right now. Hopefully the roller coaster ride didn't sour Sorkin to television and we'll see something else from him in a couple of years.

mlplanet

I for One found studio 60 to be very entertaining. I thought each episode was well written and felt the characters were well developed. The Brotherly relationship between Matt Albie and Danny Tripp was outstanding (Big brother /Little brother) The sense of Family that is portrayed by the cast in each show Was Fantastic. I was starting to think that NBC was getting it together. Getting back to its slogan of "Must See TV". but now your telling me studio 60 on the sunset strip is gone and the final episodes A "Tear Jerker" that only Left me want to see more, was the end of an outstanding series. This is Sad!! When will the Suits at NBC get it together? When?

June 29 2007 at 12:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

This was a great show! Such smart, tight, writing.
The performers' timing was outstanding......like they
had worked together forever. Last few episodes the
writing fell off....but give it a chance guys. I love all
these characters....I will miss them toooooo much.

June 28 2007 at 11:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
segsig

The ad the fans put in the Hollywood Reporter came out extremely classy! Thanks to Tommy, Matt, Brad and Amanda for approval. Please support Tipitina's Foundation. http://www.elysiumwebs.com/s60thankss.jpg

June 28 2007 at 11:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I've watched this show from the beginning and I'm very dissapointed that it's ending so soon. There is a great chemistry among the cast that normally doesn't develop in the first season of any show. If NBC gave it a decent time slot, more viewers would have watched. I have a DVR and that's the only way I've been able to keep up. This is one of the "smartest" comedy/dramas on TV today and NBC is follish to let it go. I would love to see another network pick it up and give it the proper attention. ABC? CBS? USA? Where are you????

June 28 2007 at 11:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fallinglady

I thought this show was brilliant from the beginning, altho the last couple of episodes failed a bit, I'm sure the cast/crew knew it was over and did their best. All of the actors were great, even the 'bit players.' The backstage life of manic multi-taskers and what it takes to put a show like that (i.e., SNL) on the air. They're all nuts but they love and respect each other and get the job done on time. One of the best episodes was the Christmas one with the NOLA trombonists.

For the life of me I just don't understand why a show like this gets cancelled and turkeys like "Las Vegas" and "Earl" get supported by the net and renewed. Yeah, yeah, low production values and low-cost talent. Guess that's why NBC is still #4.

June 27 2007 at 6:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Gazzoo, some of us hated it for a very long time, and still hate it today. I think people like the show more now because they see what trash will be on TV come fall.

June 27 2007 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel Keller

@Bash: "Egan Foote" is one of the characters from "The Nine." It seems like a gentleman or lady who has decided to let the character live on in a blog has been posting around TVS as "Egan" comparing everything to "The Nine." I guess it was funny the first dozen or so times. But now it's starting to feel like he/she is spamming us.

June 27 2007 at 3:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

I like Harriet's Nacy Grace better...but it would probably get annoying after a while...because Nancy Grace is annoying...I'm just saying.

June 27 2007 at 2:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Curt

Lol, khamel, I came in here to say the same thing...

though, I guess I'm the ONE person who liked Harriet Hayes character, there was chemistry between her and Matt. Or maybe it was all in my mind. Still, I'll be picking this up when it comes out.

June 27 2007 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

"The Nine" was nice - but it had no plot after Episode 5. It felt like "So what - nobody CARES dammit".

I want a Studio 60 Harriet doll. So I can burn it - or even better, have my friends over so I can show them how to "crucify". You know - also an integral part of the book of books.

June 27 2007 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply