April 23, 2014

TNT moves Heartland to 8pm

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 27th 2007 4:01PM

Heartland

I'm not sure if this means that TNT doesn't have any faith in the show or if they have a lot of faith in the show. I sense the former.

The network has announced that they are moving the new Treat Williams medical drama Heartland from the cushy post-Closer spot at 10pm on Mondays to 8pm. That means it won't have a strong lead-in (The Closer is doing great in the ratings) and will have to kick off the night on its own. Heartland isn't exactly a hit with critics.

What's going in the 10pm slot? Glad you asked! It's Saving Grace, a new show starring Holly Hunter as an alcoholic cop who gets help from an angel after she causes an accident.

[via TV Tattle]

La-Di-Dah

The reason I haven't watched is I feel like the character of hot-shot dr is a recycled beat for Treat Williams (he was excellent as Andy in Everwood) so I am not really ready for a disappointment, if it is, in Heartland.

June 27 2007 at 8:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

I watched 15 min of the pilot and gave up. Treat Williams was not the best choice for the lead.

June 27 2007 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carolinemorgan

The problem with Heartland is it has only been offered in the one time slot no repeats later on in the night or even another day. Which sucks.

June 27 2007 at 5:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff N.

I agree. 'Saved' was a much much better show. Heartland is boring. What genius greenlighted this show over Saved?

June 27 2007 at 5:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dustin

They should bring back Saved instead of this crap.

June 27 2007 at 5:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply