September 22, 2014

MSNBC anchor refuses to do Paris Hilton story - VIDEO

by Anna Johns, posted Jun 28th 2007 6:23PM
mika brzezinski; msnbc; paris hiltonSo now we're talking about people who refuse to talk about Paris Hilton.

MSNBC anchor Mika Brzezinski came really close to flipping out on air the other day when her producers kept placing the Paris Hilton story as her lead during the Morning Joe show. She was egged on/patronized by Joe Scarborough and his preppy-looking sidekick.

As you'll see in the video I placed after the jump, Mika starts out really pissed off and then starts to stage a coup on air.

Each time Joe goes to her for the morning headlines, she makes a stink about the top story being about Paris Hilton and then she refuses to read it. She throws the script, attempts to burn it, and shreds it... all the while fuming about her producers' insistence that it is the lead story.

Do you find this on air display refreshing or ridiculous?

amygdala

Refreshing... The Iraq war is droning on and on, there's total genocide in Darfur, and what's the big important story of the day? Some obscenely wealthy blonde twat with no redeeming value whatsoever (unless one considers 'stupid whore' to be a plus) gets out of jail after a few goddamn days. Someone should send her to Iraq or Darfur, where she might learn something about the actual fucking world outside of Mommy and Daddy's summer beach mansion in Malibu. Even worse are the young women that emulate her. Every time I see a friggin tiny dog in a purse, I want to throw up on it. She needs to crawl back into the pink jewel encrusted hole she came out of.

July 24 2007 at 3:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TD

First, this looks staged. Second, she spent more time on Paris than she would otherwise have done. She COULD have just not read it after the first protest. Publicity seeking. How exactly is this an improvement?

July 11 2007 at 6:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GISELA

Absolutely Fantastic!!!! Way to go Mika, I am so sick hearing about Paris and everyother spoiled rich punk out there; I can only wish more of them could spend time in jail, and if I don't have to hear anymore of there woe stories the better, who flipping cares. As for saying Mika's days on MSNBC are numbered, I hope not, at least she wanted to report news, not like Joe and the other guy who wanted to watch Paris leaving the jail; Joe and the other guy should work for a tabloid if they want to do Paris' stories. MSNBC should fire them. MIKA, way to go...keep up the good work.

July 09 2007 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa

Thank for this display of journalistic integrity. There should be more reporters like Mika.

July 01 2007 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

I can only wonder if she did that to make their network look good.

June 30 2007 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ian

Finally a news presenter who has the guts to say NO to her producers.
This makes me want to pay attention and tune in to theis lady, rather than all the others who blindly read what's fed to them.

June 29 2007 at 6:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

Good for Mika. I'm happy to see she did not cave in. Her co-anchors seem like total jerks. Personally, I would like to see the two guys and her producer fired and replace with some actual journalists.

June 29 2007 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CJ

She's my new favorite news anchor.

June 29 2007 at 9:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Fight the good fight, Mika!

June 29 2007 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

By the way - I don't have any religion :-)

I was just saying that I can understand that religious countries (pick any one you like where a bomb exploded in the past couple of years) consider this way of life a threat because it is so absolutely contrary to a structured, organized lifestyle (which religion often usually implies - even the Hindi in India don't hurt cows - I now that doesn't necessary mean they would start bombing people but I guess they would regard the western lifestyle dangerous to their values).

I understand what you mean, Joseph, but you are honestly not talking against my point. You kind of add to it. Because in a country that is supposed to be THIS religious with a leader who says he feels he was sent by god it is absolutely irritating how much people seem to value the bible and in the end worship something so totally different. But maybe that's the part of society that's atheist like me and you? *scratches head* I guess not when you take into account how many religious leaders were caught "in the act", commiting a sin in the last couple of years.

June 29 2007 at 7:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply