October 21, 2014

Paris: The Morning After

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 28th 2007 11:01AM

ParisDid you see Paris Hilton on Larry King Live last night? Here's the transcript. Jeez, she really did nothing to help her cause, eh? She seems honestly, sincerely, and deeply clueless. And as a guy, I don't even find her hot or appealing. She has the personality of a wicker chair. I found all of her talk about wanting to help people and learning her lesson and "reading the Bible" completely unconvincing.

After the jump is a roundup of what the internet is saying today about her appearance.

Our friends over at TMZ have all the latest details on what happened during the show and after.

Gawker has video of the appearance and some thoughts on what she said.

US Weekly says it's going Paris-free this week. Next week? Not so sure.

The Chicago Tribune's Verne Gay has some thoughts on the interview, as does TV Cocktail.

Remember that eBay auction of Paris' garbage? It's now up to $1.5 million. Yeah, right.

Newsday has a good "Best and Worst" from the interview.

What did you think? I actually think that Anderson Cooper had some of the best comments on Hilton, on his show after King. CNN is going to repeat the interview on Friday at 8pm. Of course.

Populent

The most hilarious moment must've been her drugs use denial :D! As much as I think her sentence was over the top , I don't think she'll ever be able to convince the world that she's as holy as she wants to portray herself.

June 28 2007 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

The best quote that I've seen is that "She might not be dumb. But the smart act felt like too much of a stretch."

It seemed like she had about 5 talking points highly crafted by her PR people. Because, after all, with ADD you can only focus on a few things at once.

I found the interview to be an accurate portrayal of the real Paris sans dumb blonde act. Just like most of us mere mortals, kind of boring.

June 28 2007 at 12:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Egan Foote

I think I learned more about Larry King than I did about Paris Hilton. First, I don't think Larry King had ever heard of Attention Deficit Disorder before. He kept calling it "ADT" and continued on a long line of questioning which appeared to only serve the purpose of him self-educating himself about ADD. Second, half his questions made no sense and were completely indecipherable. I think Paris came off looking best due to the fact that Larry would ask these asinine and unintelligible questions and she maintained her patience.

By the way, did anyone else find it entertaining that Paris felt uncomfortable getting naked in front of one guard? Now pardon me while I go load up a certain video on my computer...

Egan, out.

June 28 2007 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stu

Did you see The Daily Show last night? Michael Moore was on and he said he was bumped from Larry King in favor of Paris Hilton. Healthcare crisis in America vs. dumbshit blonde.

June 28 2007 at 11:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
khamel

granted the bar was set very very low, i was moderately impressed with her. she wasn't as dumb as i expected and didn't get flustered very often. My favorite question - whats your favorite bible verse? followed by bumbling for like 30 seconds. Oh Larry King, you're just evil!

June 28 2007 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YouFaceTheTick

Sad comment on our culture that a girl with one talent - spoog-gurgling on camera - can get national attention because she went to jail for a few days. What's next, making a star of an idiot child who falls in a well...oh wait we did that too.

June 28 2007 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply