July 22, 2014

Dana Delany could become a desperate housewife

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Jul 2nd 2007 5:47PM
Dana DelanyMichael Ausiello reports that China Beach's Dana Delany is once again in talks to join Desperate Housewives. I say again because the actress was approached on three occasions to play Bree. Even though she didn't want to play Bree, Delany may be joining the character's family soon as the actress is in talks to play Bree's long-lost sister.

Spoilers after the jump!

Ausiello says that the role Delany is in talks for is that of Katherine a "conservative Republican with an all-American wholesomeness and a mastery of passive aggressiveness." However, other information about the role has Bree and Katherine square off about a recipe. In that scene, it looks like they know each other but not in the family sense. Though it is possible the role was re-written or that they are indeed long-lost sister who may not have known about each other's existence. In any case, the role of Katherine is very similar to Bree and is said to be a regular one, meaning she would be as important as Susan, Gaby, Bree, Lynette and Edie.

JimS

Yes but for the female readers out there, here is another scoop. Nathan Fillian is coming on the show to play her younger husband. So my wife tells me.

July 03 2007 at 12:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

Wow, was my post deleted?

I was just saying...there's only one Bree, others need not apply.

July 03 2007 at 10:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Dana Delany is one of the finest women to ever walk the face of the Earth. That is all.

July 03 2007 at 10:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lorilei13

Um, I don't think he literally meant she was going to be "Bree's long-lost sister"; I think he meant she was a similar personality type. He went on to say that she had lived on Wisteria years earlier......and no one's ever mentioned Bree having a sister, much less one who once lived in the neighborhood.

July 02 2007 at 9:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

Why on earth would they bring her on? Yeah, she's hot as hell (See her full nude in Exit to Eden), but, she always leaves the shows early. I guess we know who is going to be killed off at the end of next season.

July 02 2007 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply