October 25, 2014

Vote for your favorite Springfield

by Anna Johns, posted Jul 2nd 2007 2:28PM
springfieldFor a few months now, we've been telling you about how 16 towns of Springfield across the United States are all competing to host the premiere of The Simpsons Movie. The cities have been sending their videos to 20th Century Fox to show why they're the real Springfield.

The city of Springfield, Oregon, for example, did a Bill Kurtis-style investigative report on where the real Springfield is and determined it was in Oregon. There was even a cameo by Tony Hawk! The city of Springfield, Massachusetts had a similar premise, but with higher production quality. Theirs includes a message from Sen. Ted Kennedy.

You can see all the videos here, where USA Today is hosting a vote from now through July 9th on which Springfield deserves the premiere. The website doesn't say whether our voting will actually determine the premiere location, though.

Bill

Bishop,
Kentucky has both a Springfield and a Shelbyville also. About 40 miles apart.

July 02 2007 at 7:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Springfield MA!!! Trust me if you ever visit there you will see how bad the old major was, he should be in jail, the police are useless, it's so Springfield.

July 02 2007 at 5:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wild Bill

How did Missouri even make the list? Grandpa and his 49-star flag will "be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missoura."

July 02 2007 at 4:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bishop

I think I have to go with Springfield, IL just because it's the only state with both Springfield and Shelbyville.

July 02 2007 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samuel Axon

I grew up in Springfield, MO, and I swear to God, no matter what you think of the videos, it *is* the Simpsons Springfield. I've been to Springfield, Illinois. Do not listen to them. Springfield, IL isn't culturally deprived enough! Springfield, MO is populated almost entirely by Homer Simpson and Ned Flanders!

July 02 2007 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply