September 23, 2014

Nathan Fillion in talks to join Desperate Housewives

by Anna Johns, posted Jul 3rd 2007 1:07PM
nathan fillionOn the heels of yesterday's news that Dana Delany may soon become a Desperate Housewife, is news that Nathan Fillion is also in talks to join the show. The Hollywood Reporter says that Fillion would play Delany's much younger husband. They'd be the new couple on the block at Wisteria Lane and would, no doubt, have some sort of mysterious past and secrets that they're hiding from the neighbors.

Rounding up the Fillion/Delany family is Lyndsy Fonseca, who may play the couple's daughter. Fonseca is currently the unnamed "daughter" that we occasionally see at the beginning of How I Met Your Mother.

It'll be interesting to see whether Fillion's addition to the show brings some Browncoats over to ABC on Sunday nights (probably not this Browncoat). Fillion had a lot of support from his fans when Drive launched this spring, but it was swiftly canceled by Fox.

Carol Ann

I also totally like Nathan, especially in Firefly. Loved that show. Will give Desperate Housewives a look see if he joins the cast.

July 04 2007 at 12:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lorilei13

Yay.

July 03 2007 at 11:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keli

Eric is right. Dana Delaney's character had an affair with Fillion's character, a priest, on the short lived show Pasadena. Maybe he IS the next Ted McGinley? (although Married with Children ran for several years after he joined the cast, so I'm not even sure Ted McGinley is as bad luck as Nathan Fillion).

Either way, I'll watch anything with him in it, so I guess I'll be tuning back into DH this fall if he joins.

July 03 2007 at 8:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George McBain

" ...but I never did."

I meant to say "... but I never did watch it."

July 03 2007 at 7:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George McBain

Well, they would get me. My mother watches it and has said a couple of times that I would like it, but I never did. However, if Fillion makes it on, I may have to put some DH on my Netflix queue.

July 03 2007 at 7:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ProgGrrl

I also gave up on DH early in season 2 - but I'll come back if Nathan signs on. I've been waiting to see who would snap him up once DRIVE got Foxed.

July 03 2007 at 6:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I haven't watched an episode of DH since the end of the first season, but if Fillion joined up I'd be all over it like white on rice.

July 03 2007 at 5:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mel

I've never seen an episode of Desperate Housewives, and I seldom watch non-sci-fi dramas. (Or is it a comedy? I know awards shows often count it as a comedy, but what do the fans consider it as?) But if Nathan Fillion joins, I may just tune in. He's awesome.

July 03 2007 at 4:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kyle

I'd actually start watching Desperate Housewives if he joined the cast. I enjoy pretty much everything he's in, even if I don't like it for anything else. People have told me to start watching Desperate Housewives, because it's a good show, so his joining the cast might gain another viewer. I'm sure I'm not alone.

July 03 2007 at 3:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric

Does anyone remember Pasadena? Weren't those two on that show where Fillion plays a priest and Delaney's character seduces him ...or something like that.

July 03 2007 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply