October 20, 2014

Create your own Simpsons avatar

by Anna Johns, posted Jul 8th 2007 9:04AM
the simpsonsI'm embarrassed to admit that I'm totally buying into all this merchandising for The Simpsons Movie. I've already been to two different 7-Elevens for Buzz Cola, Krusty O's, and a Squishee (man, those things are sugary).

And I just spent a significant amount of time on The Simpsons movie promotion site, which includes an avatar creator. And we all like these goofy programs, don't we? It's a good way to kill a couple of hours on a Sunday, making avatars of yourself, your friends, and random celebrities (my attempt at a Brad Pitt avatar was a little pathetic).

The program asks you to login and register, but you don't have to. It's only if you want to 'Save' your avatar. I just finished mine and took a screen grab of it. 'Cuz I'm out of ideas for fake e-mail addresses.

[Via Lost Remote]

meseganay

heyy

March 07 2011 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kurifurisan

Anna...did you find the Radioactive Man comic that's being sold at the 7-11 stores?

July 09 2007 at 3:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wild Bill

Adam posted this two weeks ago.

July 08 2007 at 11:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samual Icky

I tied this a few days ago and nothing... the thing wouldn't download my avatar. I tried with Safari, Firefox and IE. Of those only IE didn't have pop-up blockers on... maybe I should give it another go.... just did and still no go.

July 08 2007 at 11:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bridawg

You don't need to sign up to get your picture. THere is a download button on the page but there is a problem with it. It will open up your image in a popup window, so if you have any popup blockers it will not properly download.

deactivate your popup blockers BEFORE you make your character because, in IE at least, switching off the blocker will reload the page and, if you haven't signed up to register your character you'll lose all your hard work.

Here's mine: