July 28, 2014

ABC Family premieres Greek tonight

by Brett Love, posted Jul 9th 2007 2:19PM
ABC Family - GreekABC Family doesn't get the kind of press that some of their edgier neighbors on the cable box enjoy, but I do appreciate that they make their own original programming, especially their penchant for casting Charisma Carpenter. They could have gone the easy route and given us endless reruns of Reba and Home Improvement.

Tonight they kick off their latest entry, Greek. The dramedy (their description) is set at the fictitious Cyprus-Rhodes University and is said to follow the social minefield of the greek system.

I'm guessing a mix of those National Lampoon movies that go straight to DVD, minus the boobs, with a little Falcon Beach style drama added in for angst. It has potential. The show is produced by some ABC Family veterans that are also responsible for Wildfire, Kyle XY, The Division, and The Dead Zone.

If your summer viewing schedule has an opening and you are curious, more info is available at the show site, or the premiere episode is available for free on iTunes. Greek premieres tonight at 9PM.

nina Loew

ok i absolutely love the show. bt wat is the name of the song that is played at the very end of the show? i think it might be played during the credits but im not sure. usually it plays after the channel shows what the next episode will be. it plays while the screen says pillar/segan or something like that. HELP!!!! i love the song!

September 10 2007 at 10:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danielle

. I think "GREEK" i something that a sister and brother can watch together while watching their dad nod in certain places cause he remembered doing that. Beer pong for instance? I hope more people watch Greek so it can be like the new Grey's Anatomy and everybody watches it. p.s Cappie, you are my hero!

August 28 2007 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Son T.

In reference to the comments above regarding the name ABC Family...ABC purchased the network from Fox Family which hosted The 700 Club. Unfortunately The 700 Club has an important stipulation in contract that states that anyone who purchases the network will have to keep the name "Family" in their network (ultimately forever). There is more information in Wikipedia, but basically it's a huge hassle to legally change the name. Yes, the name ABC Family may seem deceiving, but I don't think it's wrong at all for them to show some racy shows. They are allowed to show what they want to improve their ratings and give users decent programming. Unfortunately they can't change the name ABC Family otherwise it would be called something else and in my opinion their strategy of showing teen to young adult programming is better than duplicating effort from the Disney Channel (which ABC owns by the way).

August 08 2007 at 3:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ally

What is the theme song? I don't mean the Plain White T's song, I mean the one they play over the credits at the end. It sounds like Feist, but I've looked everywhere and can't find it...Help! By the way, I love the show. Even if it's not realistic, it's entertaining, which is what TV is supposed to be. Plus, Scott Michael Foster is gorgeous. And is no one going to comment on how racy Kyle XY is for ABC Family? That guy got a boner in public, and the younger brother has Playboys hidden in a board game box.

July 29 2007 at 8:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I love Greek! Cappie is so hott!

July 28 2007 at 2:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rob

Similarly to some comments above, i didnt really expect to much from the show but it actually blew me away. i think from just watching the pilot, that its a really good show. does anyone know if i can watch the second episode of greek on abc.com or when the rerun is for that?

July 25 2007 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vanessa

The theme song is called "our time now and a group called Plain White T's is the artist. Love that song.

July 18 2007 at 2:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
boo

who sang the theme song and what is the name of it???

July 15 2007 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
boo

who sang the theme song and what is the name of it???

July 15 2007 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

I watched the replay last night on ABC Family ... I didn't watch it on the main ABC station last night ...

They EDITED the show from how it was on Monday night ...

The scene where Rusty goes into the sorority house was shortened ... as well as the scene Casey surprises the pledge in the bathroom stall ... Those were the two most noticable edits ...

Yeah, I know that they had to edit it to make room for the extra commercials ...

July 14 2007 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply