July 28, 2014

Fox takes Drive off the schedule... again

by Anna Johns, posted Jul 9th 2007 2:40PM
drive
Sorry, Drive fans. It doesn't look good. After promising that it would air the final two episodes of Drive on July 4th, Fox rescheduled them for this Friday, July 13th.

Well, guess what?

They're off the schedule... again. I just spoke to a Fox spokesperson who confirms that they've been pulled (in favor of Bones and Standoff) and he doesn't have any explanation for the change. He also told me that the final two episodes of Drive have not been rescheduled at this point and he doesn't know if they ever will be.

At this point, they should at least put the final two episodes online.

James Wilcox

Every good show Fox puts out fails before it even gets a chance. Remember Firefly? How about John Doe, Wonderfalls and Fastlane and the Family Guy (DVD sales brought that one back).

It seems like everytime there's a really good show, Fox just can't deal with the ratings. I don't know if it's their bad timing by starting these shows mid-season or if the executives just don't live in the 21st century. With so many people timeshifting their viewing, how can ratings even matter anymore?

If they aren't going to air the last two episodes of Drive, they should be online at the least and put it out on dvd as soon as possible.

July 16 2007 at 8:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jane

OK, so we can get more of "so you think you can dance" and "don't forget the lyrics" How about this show, "Let's forget about Fox!!"

July 13 2007 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jessica hernandez

This was such bad news because my family and I got really attached to this show real quick.It was actually a show where you can not perdict the ending at all unlike other shows!!

July 13 2007 at 1:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DesPen

Thank you - at last I know! I looked everywhere when it was taken off the schedule again! There is nothing on their site explaining their actions! I wish I could send them a Howler to scream in the face of whoever is responsible! Making us love a show and then taking it away! Shame on Fox!!

July 13 2007 at 1:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Damn you, Fox! Where else am I gonna get my Melanie Lynskey fix?

July 10 2007 at 8:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mel

I think I might cry. I loved this show, and just wish it would get some respect and some love from those in the broadcasting business. Does cancelling shows, and bumping their airings, ever make anybody happy? I know I'm sad whenever a show get cancelled, whether I watched it or not.

I'm a loyal Fox viewer (I was raised on the Sunday night standards of Simpsons and X-Files), but I really wish they would handle their programming better. Even House, their most watched non-reality program, goes into long and frequent hiatus's. (Hiati?) At least they've been doing a good job with airing 24. I'll take what I can get.

July 09 2007 at 11:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

What a shame. I really wanted to see those last 2 episodes.

July 09 2007 at 10:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phatman

So, instead of showing these two episodes on July 4th when nobody would have watched them anyway, they chose to air the same fireworks BS that EVERY other network was airing. Somebody at Fox needs to be fired.

July 09 2007 at 9:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Josh

I can't believe Fox has again decided not to air the final two hours of Drive. What's wrong with them?! This is the summer TV season, it's not like they have anything better to air! This is exactly why I won't be watching any of Fox's new shows in the fall.

July 09 2007 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

Did someone producer of Drive sleep with a Fox big wig's wife? Its like someone at Fox is playing a nasty joke on someone on the Drive team. Either that or Fox is run by huge assholes.

July 09 2007 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply