October 31, 2014

Goodbye Traveler

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 9th 2007 1:02PM

Traveler castOK, it's not going away immediately, a la Smith or Kidnapped, but after the next two episodes, Traveler is gone for good, and this news comes from the creator himself.

Creator/producer Dave DiGilio has been keeping a blog over at TVGuide.com, and he reveals that the network has let the contracts of the actors on the show lapse and that the next two episodes of the show (the show returns July 11) mark the end of the series. And while it's not the final final decision on the show, when the creator of a show says it's true, that's definitely a sign. Though it's not like they didn't see it coming, after the show was put in as a summer replacement, the episodes cut, etc.

He also gives some cool behind-the-scenes scoop of epsiode "The Reunion."

Paulette

I just now found out that traveler has been cancelled....I am
really bummed! My husband and I loved the show and was so looking
forward to its return!!

September 02 2007 at 10:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara

I am SO ticked that ABC cancelled this show!! I just found this out today. It was absolutely one of the best shows on TV. I was totally intrigued by the storyline and wanted to know who and what was behind the Drexler bombing and the larger scheme that they alluded to. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY ABC CANCELLED THIS SHOW? I followed the show faithfully each week and now ABC has cancelled it for some unknown reason that I don't understand. Are they trying to lose viewers??

August 28 2007 at 10:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Devan

I really enjoyed Traveler, it was a show that i could watch while i am waiting until Prison Break comes back, i really hope they bring back traveler, and i am looking foward to a new season of Prison Break. Please ABC bring back Traveler.

August 05 2007 at 2:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
melissa

I didn't enjoy the show after the pilot and I have stopped watching it. It just wasn't my cup of tea. I thought I would like it cos I love Prison Break, which seems like the most similar, but Traveler was just slow and boring for me.

August 03 2007 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
oldhead

The storyline of Traveler has obviously raised the ire of the law enforcement community. The writers have portrayed agents in the FBI and Homeland security as rogue, untrustworthy and complicit in crimes that are terrorism related. It was for this reason that the network pulled this great drama from the summer lineup. We can't have any controversial subjects shown on TV that undermine the newly created powers that cops have taken for themselves and then show Traveler's heroes fighting against the corruption in the various government policing agencies. The government in Bush's America is all powerful and never makes a mistake or is ever involved in any shenanigans or hijinks. Right...

August 02 2007 at 2:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jane

BEWARE! If you start stories and don't finish them, people like me will stop watching your shows.

GOOD-BYE!

July 26 2007 at 9:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
D Higgins in Katy, Texas

There goes another show that I've really fallen for! Traveler gets sold short, yet ABC is going to air some stupid CAVEMEN show for the fall, PLEASE! You can't guage viewer stats successfully during the SUMMER! This is a disgrace!

July 23 2007 at 2:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tiffany P

Here is a petition to keep Traveler on tv. PLEASE take the time to sign!!

July 21 2007 at 8:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erez

I love this show, why are they cancel it?

July 18 2007 at 7:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

this is crap. the show is awesome, unlike many of the other new shows. there is an interesting plot twist every show. it is starting to get better than lost. if these networks are going to start canceling shows a few weeks in, then i say we boycott so all the networks have no ratings!!!!!!!

July 18 2007 at 4:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply