September 1, 2014

FOX reveals premiere dates

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Jul 10th 2007 7:01PM
FOXIn a press release sent out today, FOX revealed the premiere dates of both its returning shows and five new additions. Most returning series are back in their old timeslots. However, a lot are paired with a different series than they were during the 2006-2007 season.

Note that this schedule only lists shows beginning in September.

Below, in alphabetical order, you will find when your favorite series return and the dates new shows will begin. Note that new series are in bold and times are ET/PT.

• American Dad: Sunday, September 30, 9:30 to 10 p.m.
  • America's Most Wanted: America Fights Back: Saturday, September 8, 9 to 10 p.m.
  • Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?: Thursday, August 30, 8 to 9 p.m.
  • Back to You: Wednesday, September 19, 8 to 8:30 p.m.
  • Bones: Wednesday, September 19, 9 to 10 p.m.
  • Cops: Saturday, September 8, 8 to 9 p.m. (2 episodes)
  • Family Guy: Sunday, September 23, 9 to 10 p.m. (1-hour premiere)
  • House: Tuesday September 25, 9 to 10 p.m.
  • King of the Hill: Sunday, September 23, 8:30 to 9 p.m.
  • Kitchen Nightmares: Thursday, September 13, 9 to 10 p.m.
  • K-Ville: Monday, September 17, 9 to 10 p.m.
  • Mad TV: Saturday, September 15, 11 p.m. to midnight.
  • Nashville: Friday, September 14, 9 to 10 p.m.
  • New Amsterdam: Tuesday September 25, 8 to 9 p.m.
  • Prison Break: Monday, September 17, 8 to 9 p.m.
  • Talkshow with Spike Feresten: Saturday, September 15, midnight to 12:30 a.m.
  • The Simpsons: Sunday, September 23, 8 to 8:30 p.m.
  • 'Til Death: Wednesday, September 19, 8:30 to 9 p.m.

Isabelle Carreau

Mike: Since FOX released the schedule I posted about, they made a few changes. They decided "New Amsterdam" would premiere midseason.

September 27 2007 at 10:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

What Happened to New Amsterdam Bones was in its time slot.

September 27 2007 at 10:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VANESSA

IF I WANTED TO WATCH A SHOW IN SPAINISH THEN I WOULD WATCH THE SPAINISH STATION, I LIKE PRISON BREAK BUT IF IT CONTINUES TO HAVE MOST OF THE SHOW IN SPAINISH OR ANY OTHER PART IN SPAINISH I WILL NO LONGER WATCH IT

September 25 2007 at 6:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VANESSA

September 25 2007 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Logan

I'm a little dissapointed prison break starts a whole month later this year compared to last, but I'm guessing they did it because season two ended april 2nd which is very early, so this will at least extend it to the last week in april and now there shouldn't be as much of a hiatus from the front 13 to the back 9.....I really hope this show lasts at least 5 seasons so it is put into syndication...The producer has plans for 5 seasons, and that's honestly how far I can see it going before it becomes dull. I agree season 2 wasn't as good as season 1, but how many shows do you know that got better with age or had a better second season than first season...The only one that comes to mind for me is seinfeld....and that took 4 seasons before it was good....This show is a lot better than 24 imo, and I'm very surprised it doesn't get 24 type ratings...That show has just as much unbelivable plots as prison break, maybe even more since he does all of that garbage in 1 day

July 12 2007 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

The difference is that FNL, 30 Rock and even The Office all had potential.

Drive sucketh big time. It was so over the top unbelievable and what made it worse is that it ran right after the All Star Season of The Amazing Race which was basically the same idea but with cars and the idiotic twist that people race to save loved ones. I turned the TV off after the flashback to the race twenty years ago where that one person lost a family member. I don't even remember who exactly it was it was so unbelievable. Any cannonball-run like race in the age of the internet, satellite surveillance and CCTV-cameras is just ridiculous. If they'd put it 25 to 30 years in the past I might have believed it but there are now 300 million people in the US with about 250 million (?) cars, there's simply not enough room to race especially not in Florida where they had their first stages. And those ridiculous special effects with the space shuttle start looking totally copied in as well as the camera angles that came out of the computer in the opening sequence, every race sequence et cetera. That was all worthy of going into an episode of Battlestar Galactica where it would've totally fit in but when you are filming a RACE you have to stick to what the viewer is used to from NASCAR and Indy as well as Formula 1 - you can't use angles that are impossible on those shows because the viewer is simply not believing that a camera would be able to get that angle and then they will start to think about what else on the show is totally far fetched.

I watch so many drama and comedy-shows on TV that a show really has to be bad before I drop it.

July 11 2007 at 7:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RedStarRevolution

I know we're bashing Fox here, all for it btw...but now that Reilly is in charge, I think things might have a longer shelf life. He stuck with FNL, 30 Rock, and even the Office back when it was starting out, and now the last one is the best comedy on TV, 30 Rock is gaining steadily and FNL looks poised to begin its 2nd season strongly...now who can't say that Drive wouldnt have done the same if given a little leeway?

I think the old Fox we knew may be gone, and we may see more patience now...

And I know it's not on THIS schedule, but are we forgetting the BEST reason to watch Fox of all...24. I know last season wasn't stellar, but cmon, Jack Bauer alllllllways brings home the bacon...and I don't care about Prison Break's 'issues', I think they've developed quite a good story to follow the first season (which I do agree is where the story arc was probably set to end) and have developed into one of my fav shows out there. It's dramatic, suspenseful, and the acting is damn good...and can we really criticize anything of quality, such as Prison Break, when crap like Skating with Celebrities makes it to air...and finishes its run?

July 11 2007 at 3:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fuzzyfreaker

2 weeks? Yeah right. 1 for some, the other ones that have any sort of potential will be shown out of order with no advertisement whatsoever.

Besides House, I don't really have a reason to watch FOX anymore.

July 11 2007 at 1:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darren

Should we take bids on how long the new shows will last before FOX pulls them?? I say 2 weeks - that is their norm for pulling shows.

July 10 2007 at 11:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply