September 2, 2014

Army Wives gets a second season, and new Lifetime series kick off this Sunday

by Adam Finley, posted Jul 12th 2007 11:23AM

army wivesRemember when I told you Army Wives was worth checking out, despite being on Lifetime? Well, I wasn't the only one who thought it was a good series. It scored record ratings and has now been picked up for a second season. Look for the first of thirteen new episodes to pop up sometime this spring.

Two new series, Side Order of Life and State of Mind, will also join Army Wives this Sunday, July 15. Side Order of Life kicks off the block at 8:00 p.m., followed by State of Mind at 9:00 p.m. and Army Wives at 10:00 p.m. You can watch the premieres of both new series on Lifetime's site.

Side Order of Life, starring Marisa Coughlan and Jason Priestly, focuses on a magazine photographer who decides to change her life for the better. State of Mind, written by psycho-therapist Amy Bloom, stars Lili Taylor as a therapist with problems far worse than those of her patients. The series also stars Lolita Davidovich, Derek Riddell, Levin Chamberlin, Devon Gummersall and Mido Hamada.

lynn

I LOVE ARMY WIVES!!!!!!!!!!! This show has got to be one of the best series shows that has been on TV . This show has raised "what if that were me" questions from probably ever viewer. Everyone thinks they know what they would say or do if they were in some of the same situations that these characters have been put in, so do the characters themselves until they are faced with an unexpected dillema. I think any show that can raise the moral conscience of their viewers or even give them reason to pause and think is an asset to programming. This show isn't just like the mindless entertainment that so many other show are. This shows how we may not always be the type of person we wish ourself to be. Thank you for airing a show that shows that it's alright to be falible,emotional,and still stand up for and by friends and families even if you don't always like or agree with their indivdual life choices. Gosh forbid we as a whole society are not perfect or always politically correct. Thanks for making me feel as if it's alright to be human.

October 04 2007 at 12:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gin welch

i love army wives, i'm a army brat. also i 'm married to a retired army man.when this program came on i could relate! good work! please keep this show on all the actors& actress's are wonderful. and kim sure has grownup since nypd days. loving this show, go army wives!!!!!!!!! gin(a very loyal fan)

September 14 2007 at 1:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angel

I started dating my boyfriend who is in the army a couple of months before the show started. I have seen every episiode and love it. It is the only show I have gotten into and actually mad ean effort to watch every eposisde. I would like to know when the second starts ASAP!!!!!!!!

September 01 2007 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tabitha

I LOVED Armywives. Initially, I wasn't going to watch the show, but then I decided to give it a shot. I figured that since it's the same producer/writer as Grey's Anatomy -why not? I like it so much better than Grey's......talk about soap opera. Armywives is far from it, but Grey's on the other hand is getting a little too Melrose Placeish for me. I can't wait for Season 2......something to look forward to. I'm sure they'll all make it out alive from the Hump Bar. The flashbacks were definitely a good touch for the finale.

August 31 2007 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
terry

i love army wifes i wanna know when it will be on again soon i hope i work in a hospital and every sunday i rush outta of there to watch it i look forward to a new show.

August 27 2007 at 11:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
STEPHANIE

''ARMYWIVES '' is by far one of mine and my husband shows we watch it in bed every sunday night. my husband is active duty military he's in the army . and trust me being a army wife is'nt all that its cracked up to be . but it makes you stronger every day . thanks so much for making a show to relate to all of us armywifes out there god bless you all
stephanie - ft hood texas

August 27 2007 at 8:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charity

I have a uncle who is in the army and my brother used to i have a friend that her husband just was sent to iraq for a year i look forward to the show every sunday it gives a insight on the lives that they have to live not knowing what to expect they are each others family holding on to each other in times of need Please dont stop this show i can't wait tiil season 2 starts

August 27 2007 at 12:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather

This is the absolute best show that I have seen on televion in some time! It is going to be torture waiting until spring for season 2! I don't think I can handle the suspense!

August 26 2007 at 11:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
melody

i love this show my daughter,daughter-in-law and i all watch this please dont take this off the air just about all the shows that i watch they remove them and this is just to good to take away it shows how lucky we are and that we all need to stick up for what we believe in and what these people go through in there everyday lives and my heart goes out to all of them.

August 26 2007 at 11:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue

I just love Army Wives! i never miss a show. The drama and the real deal is exciting. The season finale was awesome. I cried. The characters are so different but so much the same. I can't wait untill the season opener. I hope this show continues for some time. So to often good shows get going and boom they are gone. I hope not this one , it is a keeper!

August 26 2007 at 11:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply